Need help with Drone mission

shivan

Spaceman
I have the Steltek gun a Plasma gun and 2 lasers. I hit it dead on and don't make a dent in it's shields.

Is there something I'm missing? I need help on this if anyone can offer it.

Land on any mining base other than Rygannon and talk to the people there.

(in the original, this got me stuck for TWO YEARS until i got a net connection...)

I didn't know that. When I played the original I kept going everywhere, escaping from the green Easter egg. Finally, in desperation, I headed to Troy, like running home looking for mom; and landed in Hector, went to the bar, not so much expecting to meet someone, as needing a drink... ;-)

Hi, I also tried to kill the Steltek drone but I coudn´t kill it. I met the Steltek ship where you get the upgrade for the gun, but still I can´t kill the ship. In the original there was a weapon hack. Is there also some cheat to get 4 Steltek guns?

Or can anyone tell me how to kill that thing??

After you meet the steltek scout that powers it up and you jump to the system where the military are, first of all afterburn away from the military for a while, or the drone will destroy a lot of the military vessels. If you care for them, that is.... ;-)
Then slow down your speed, or else you'll be banging against the drone a lot; and select the steltek gun also (by pressing G repeatedly), and no other guns to drain energy. That way you get maximum rate of fire from the steltek gun.
Then pound the thing. :)

In the remake, the boosted Steltek gun partially bypasses shields. Another thing you could do is buy about half a thousand proton torpedos and use those.

Back