need help on wc2 mission.

d3r3k

Spaceman
the mission to destroy the the korah pahk listening station in enigma to be exact. im having a really hard time with the mission and i looked at the game guide at the cic but it didnt help me out too much. jeez, dogfighting in a broadsword. ridiculous.

Don't dogfight. Once you drop out of autopilot, start flying away from the kats, and as they slowly creep up on you plink them with your rear neutron turret. Even in a slow pig like a Broadsword, a stern chase is a long one, so you'll have time to work them down a good bit by the time they start doing any significant damage to your shields. (They tend to line up in columns when chasing, so you shouldn't have to turn too far to switch targets.)

Do as described above, but first spin like a madman while releasing all of your FF missiles. After that, there will only be a few of the little buggers left which can easily be picked off with your rear turret.

I just replayed the mission and here are some pointers about dogfighting inna broadsword:

• don't fight within the range of the listening post
    instead lure them out, taunting is very helpful in this.​
  • don't give up
    keep trying to get those fighters infornt of you, it might take quite some time just spinning but you'll get them in the end (unless your dealing with Sartha)
  • act unexpectably
    if enemy fighters do nothing but spin around you they can evade you forever and then you're stuck with no one shooting anyone.
    to get out of such a situation you need to do somthing that'll get you an edge, like: changing your speed to confuse your pursuers, changing the direction of your turn by 180° in the hope of running across the enemy still turning the other way, or of course shooting a bit from your back turret.​
  • make sure you're locking your targets
    even if you shoot better without the itts (I think that's possible), it lets you both know when you're in range and lets you shoot at ships when they're out of your field of vision​

also in this mission try to keep Angle out of the korah pahk's range.

personally I find fighting in a broadsword nice and easy, not being able to afterbuurn is a pain, but three well centered mass drivers and an itts usually makes those iffs superfluous.

Emirikol said:
[*]don't give up
keep trying to get those fighters infornt of you, it might take quite some time just spinning but you'll get them in the end (unless your dealing with Sartha)​

In that mission, I think the Kilrathi base is guarded by a swarm of Sartha. Better to stick with the rear turret.​

Sorry, my bad. I was thinking of the one where you jump into the middle of a mess of Sarthas. Still, one can't go wrong with a neutron rear turret.

what's so great about drakhai? they taunt me about the imperial guard or some such, is that what the drakhai is? oddly enough, they seem to be piloted better than other drakhri. in most games special pilots and ships are just as dumb as the rest.

well, im able to kill off the wing of drakhri. basic tactic was to taunt em into my rear turrets range. the last one ran off to the station so i decided to make a torp run. bad idea. im not even sure if my torp made a hit and i got tore up bad on the escape by the jalkehis.

d3r3k said:
what's so great about drakhai? they taunt me about the imperial guard or some such, is that what the drakhai is? oddly enough, they seem to be piloted better than other drakhri. in most games special pilots and ships are just as dumb as the rest.

well, im able to kill off the wing of drakhri. basic tactic was to taunt em into my rear turrets range. the last one ran off to the station so i decided to make a torp run. bad idea. im not even sure if my torp made a hit and i got tore up bad on the escape by the jalkehis.

Yep the Drakhai are the Kilrathi Imperial Guard. Best of the best.

The Drakhai DO have a special AI in WC 1/WC 2.
Also the Drakhai have '2 lives'. When a normal enemy would be dead they say "You cannot defeat the Drakhai" and continue fighting. Not even the finger of death can kill them instantly!

Yes, Drakhai are the Empire's best. To become a Drakhai, you need at least 8 kills (though, like in current SpecOps forces, just meeting the bare minimum probably isn't enough). Blood relations to the imperial clan don't hurt any, either.

(Well, don't hurt until one of those "accidents" that are common to relatives of the Emperor happen...)

Try and take out the Jalk's before you start your torpedo runs. They should be easier to kill than the first wave of fighters because they're slower. Just avoid those rear turrets. :)

It's a debugging tool in the various "main line" WCs. Details vary by game, but for all but Prophecy/SO if you enter in a certain phrase at the command line, you get access to tools the developers used when testing the game. (WCP/SO has an in-game password-type thingy to activate those tools.)

One of those tools is what's commonly refered to as the "finger of death", where a key combo (varies from game to game as well) will insta-kill whatever you have targeted, or with a similar key combo, in some of the games, nuke all badguys on your radar. Do keep in mind that if you try to use it on any "undestroyable" ship (generally any plot-important ship), it frequently makes the game crash.

Back