Need help on mission 6

15th Rampage

Spaceman
Well Im in the mission where you have to escolt the 2 groups civilian ships to a jump pint, but in the last group I get abushed by a nefling cap ship and a lot of fighter, I allways get kill by the cap ship, Only 1 time the civilianshio manage to jump. but i got kileed by a missile. any tip or hint?

The Orca only has four missile turrets... this is where the Scimitar's four DF missiles come in very useful ;). Alternatively, you can use the DF missiles on the gun turrets, and thus buy yourself a bit of time to destroy the missile turrets with guns. I usually do the latter - it's easy to knock a few gun turrets out before you're in gun range, since you approach the Orca head-on, and see all the forward turrets.

To chime in on this thread, what does damage the transports, the missiles or the turret fire? And in the big capship battles near the end of the game, does the turrets or missiles from the Nephilim damage the Dauntless and the Zu'baka (sp?)?

C-ya

Only torpedoes are capable of damaging the transports' engines or bridges--the turret/gun fire and normal missiles only destroy the transports' turrets. This means that you should focus entirely on killing the bombers (the Red Mantas and the Barracuda corvettes). The regular Mantas and the Morays cannot destroy the transports, so they can be safely put off till last. Also, when you see a torpedo being launched at a transport (or at Beaufort station--this applies there as well), and if you think you can catch up with it, then afterburn towards it and try to shoot it down--a single hit with guns will destroy the torp, and Nephilim torps are unguided.

The only weapon other than torpedoes that can hurt capships is the plasma cannon, so any time that you see three Stingrays getting together, go after those as well.

Originally posted by Viper61
To chime in on this thread, what does damage the transports, the missiles or the turret fire?
The turrets, but only in this particular mission. Normally, turrets wouldn't be able to damage a capship. And indeed, even in here, they don't damage the transports... they just kill 'em :p.

Originally posted by 15th Rampage
Well Im in the mission where you have to escolt the 2 groups civilian ships to a jump pint, but in the last group I get abushed by a nefling cap ship and a lot of fighter, I allways get kill by the cap ship, Only 1 time the civilianshio manage to jump. but i got kileed by a missile. any tip or hint?

Hey, 15th:

Aren't you the guy who is/was involved in the "Jacinta Project"?... If so. plz x-plain whatever happened to it (if not, ignore...).

Originally posted by Quarto
The turrets, but only in this particular mission. Normally, turrets wouldn't be able to damage a capship. And indeed, even in here, they don't damage the transports... they just kill 'em :p.
So if I wanted to get more than one transport to jump, I have to take out 14 turrets (well actually 7-8 since the Orca doesn't turn around) while avoiding missiles and energy weapons from both the Orca and from waves of 6 Morays with a wingman who can't seem to stay in his/her ship long enough to assist me? Thanks for the Herculean challange guys! If you don't hear from me for a while, I'll just be hearing that wrenching sound of the womans voice on the dying transports over and over again. :)

C-ya

Oh no, the positions of the turrets don't make any difference... you need to kill them all :p.

Re: Re: Need help on mission 6

Originally posted by Preacher
Hey, 15th:

Aren't you the guy who is/was involved in the "Jacinta Project"?... If so. plz x-plain whatever happened to it (if not, ignore...).

I don't know wish project are U talking about so i'

I'm not the one U R looking

what was "Jacinta Project"? whish engien it used?

Originally posted by Ijuin
The only weapon other than torpedoes that can hurt capships is the plasma cannon, so any time that you see three Stingrays getting together, go after those as well.

I've learned this isn't necessarily the truth. It would seem that individual Stingrays can damage a ship just as the three together can, just that it takes them longer. The same way your viper cannon can attack areas such as the bridge and engine on ships, the stingray's two individual cannons can also cause damage and will eventually destroy the dadblasted things if you don't take them out soon enough.

Originally posted by Antix
I've learned this isn't necessarily the truth. It would seem that individual Stingrays can damage a ship just as the three together can, just that it takes them longer. The same way your viper cannon can attack areas such as the bridge and engine on ships, the stingray's two individual cannons can also cause damage and will eventually destroy the dadblasted things if you don't take them out soon enough.

The Viper Cannon can damage components? Cool! I was thinking this was like WCP where only plasma guns could hurt components.

Originally posted by Ijuin
The Viper Cannon can damage components? Cool! I was thinking this was like WCP where only plasma guns could hurt components.
Heh, I mentioned that in the fiction :p.

Heh, I mentioned that in the fiction :p.

Nope. We did mention it in the fiction, but that fiction was never provided to the public. It did not make it into the final package...

oh and PS: Only the viper cannon can damage components, no other gun.

What are you talking about ? I got the Version 1.00 and it has the fiction...

Well I got the patch too

P.S. lalalalaalalalalalalalla

Actually, it did get into version 1.01 :).

It did? Obviously I never checked that one then. Had other priorities then to play UE lately. And especially other priorities then to test the negative ending again ;)

And yes - I think the fiction patch had the file.

Back