Need help getting Kilrathi Saga in the UK

ScillyGav

Spaceman
Recently while trying to satisfy my Wing Commander 1+2 craving by obtaining and old 486 system I came across KS and promptly wet myself as you can probably imagine :) But where on earth can get it from, if at all? I've bitten the bullit and signed up at eBay but are there any other good sources where I might try my luck?

Thanks for the help.

Gav :)

eBay is certainly the best sourse. My friends and I have tried the Kilrathi cosplay, but unfortunately, I feel that your best bet is to bite the bullet and pay the money for it. The Kilrathi Saga certainly will be worth it.

[Edited by Admin, you idiot]

You wish:)

I'm from the UK myself and I've been looking for a couple of years now to no avail:(

If I stumble across anywhere, as soon as I've bought one for myself, I will post here:)

If you have an old 486 though, it's probably easy to use the dos mode and moslo (from the files section).

Wc2 can usually be got from the County Bookstores for a fiver or less. Dunno about wc1 or wc3 though.

Yep, I'm with Pather. That software is really hard to find. BUT there is usually a copy on eBay, if you are willing to purchase it for a high price.

i've got WC3 on my PC saw it in the shop a few years back and snapped it up. WC 1+2 where in there as well as few years back but I didn't have any money at the time so didn't buy them :/ , if your looking for it though I think your best bet would be to try order one , WH smiths are normally pritty good at finding stuff like that, alothugh i'm not sure if you can order old games , only ever try ordering old battletech books from them but its worth a shot.

Hi everyone, it's my first post here.

I sympathise with you, when I saw the trailer for the kilrathi saga on the wc4 disc I was desperate to get a copy, however this was a couple of years ago and by this time it had long gone from the shops. I did actually manage to get a copy when I was working in a toy shop and a copy turned up in a delivery of bankrupt stock the shop brought.

Anyway, now for the good news: I am selling my copy on ebay.co.uk, the auction should be up in the next couple of days. It is in good condition and comes with all the discs, manuals, calender etc.

I don't really want to sell it but I need the cash.

I hope this helps one of you get your hands on a copy of this fabulous set of games!

I haven't been one of the lucky ones to find KS either, but aside from the music (which I have obtained from various sources), I don't really need to. Both WC2 and WC3 run at the correct frame rate in DOS and Win9x operating systems. And it might be easier to find a copy of that PC gamer magazine which had WC1KS as part of some classics feature it presented.

Shareware KS

There was a shareware version of KS that only included WC1 and as I understand it, the add-on Secret Missions 1&2 work with it as well. Is there a reason why it’s not posted? It is shareware after all.

WC1 KS is not shareware. PC Gamer got permission (paid) to put it on a classic gaming collection CD. That doesn't mean it's okay to distribute freely.

Originally posted by panther

I'm from the UK myself and I've been looking for a couple of years now to no avail:(
Yeah, and I was there for three weeks in '98 and I got KS in Virgin store in London. I shivered when I first saw it, then I grabbed it from the shelf and I bought it without looking at the price or checking do I have enough money.
So far, I think that was my best investment ever.:)

Originally posted by KrisV
WC1 KS is not shareware. PC Gamer got permission (paid) to put it on a classic gaming collection CD. That doesn't mean it's okay to distribute freely.
Whoops, I did not mean to imply that. Find and pay for a copy of the PC Gamer with WC1KS.

Back