Naval Designation Questions

powell99

Aviation Junkie
Okay I have my great question for LOAF. Why do Strike Carriers have the designation CVS? Looked it up and a CVS is an Anti Sub Carrier. SO why would confed or the creators choose CVS?

most likely because CVS seems to go along with the idea of a "Strike Carrier"
you shouldn't count on the designations being the same as the modern navies of the world. it's much more likely the game designers arbitariliy gave it that designation.

powell99 said:
Okay I have my great question for LOAF. Why do Strike Carriers have the designation CVS? Looked it up and a CVS is an Anti Sub Carrier. SO why would confed or the creators choose CVS?
Why not? It would be pretty pointless for this designation to retain its original meaning, given that there's no submarines in space :).

Quarto said:
Why not? It would be pretty pointless for this designation to retain its original meaning, given that there's no submarines in space :).

You beat me to it. :D

'Stealth space submarines'.

Haesslich said:
You beat me to it. :D

'Stealth space submarines'.

Gamilons?!! Where!?

:D

In a sense, all space vessels are submarines. True, there is no "marine" in space to be "sub", but they are still fully enclosed vessels with their own atmosphere and pressure operating in an evironment where people could not be outside without special gear......

Strike Carriers are just plain 'CV' - CVS is 'dreadnaught', like the Confederation-class...

it's a good place to pick up girls. seriously. a girl actually said hi to me in there once. if you knew me, you'd realize that in itself is a miracle.

Back