N00bie boy needs help.

New

Spaceman
1. My CRAPPY WCIV won't play music or sound of any kind; Of course, it COULD work, but I'd need to sacrifice my movies and comm abilities; Which I can't, because that would lead to no landing.

Uh, I'm using a Windows ME.

2. Is it possible for me to get Privateer to work on Windows ME using the floppy version?

EDIT: Hell, while we're at it, why not ask for an Avvy-worthy pic of Hobbes and/or Tolwyn.

I guess, if all else failed, you could buy a second harddrive (wouldn't have to be big) and install MS Dos . . . or maybe win 95/98/98se. Boot from your second harddrive when you want to play WC games. You'll get nearly everything to work if you use the right tools. I even got Privateer to run without a dos emulator in 98se., but I think it was a lucky shot.

My WCIII is extremely iffy...sometimes it plays sound, sometimes it doesn't. That's why you turn on the subtitles.

MyJemm never works for me... just says 'error code: 2' when i start up, and the credits, and doesnt work beyond that.

If i drag and drop priv or privater onto it, it says it 'cant load vjemm.vxd

Im on windows ME, which it supposedly has been tested under. Whats wrong?

Windows :p

Sorry, I should try to be more constructive. I don't really know much about Myjemm, so I can't really help you there.

All I know is that, long ago, I found a feature for Windows 98se called "Dos mode for EMS and XMS support" or some similar thing. With it, I could run privateer without any special programs, with full sound and joystick support.

Then, foolishly, I deleted it. And I haven't been able to find it since.

Macintosh had one truly great reason to exist, known as Marathon. After that, they can burn.

At least until I acquire and learn OSX

I have 2 computers, one a vintage P MMX 200 Mhz with crap everything (Win 95), and its sooooo old its falling apart, but CAN run privateer and Armada (if I get a joystick)
The other one is a Win XP P3 933 with moderately crap everything, and can run Wings 1 through 3 well cause of the Kilrathi Saga windows compatable thingy.
WC IV works with neither, but I have got it to work with the P3 computer when it had Win98

Hey, on WC1 for SNES, how do you move the cursor down when in the fighter, to select what command to give to your wingman, or to talk to Tiger's Claw?

has anyone ever tried playing WC3 for Playstation 1 on the PS2?

Can you save your game to a PS2 memory card?

damn. i can't find mine!

also, on the WC SNES..what is the password for my handle? I just went with Maverick...the manual says my password is linked to your handle..

I guess they give you one after each level. Here is something I found:

Level Star System Name Password
2 McAuliffe SPACEACE 1RCCMCBLGW
3 Gimle SPACEACE 1HCWFKVMZH
4 Dakota SPACEACE DHDKCCWBRC
5 Kurasawa SPACEACE JHFHTFYMCO
6 Venice SPACEACE DGNWP2XCLW

For Secret Mission

System Password Name
Border Zone XGBBKGXMZW ASSASSIN
Midgard DBBZHHBBZ2 ASSASSIN
Jotunheim XGZZKBV3BX ASSASSIN