n00b with a question

Bloodspray

Spaceman
Hi all :)

This is a really cool place. Glad I found it. :cool:

I have a question about the 2nd mission in SM2. The one with the 9 Jalthi and 3 Fralthi.

Anyone here successfully take everything out and still have Iceman alive? Is it possible? I can survive and wipe out all the fighters, and could then proceed to take out all 3 cap ships if I wanted to, but, nothing I do manages to keep Iceman alive. Sometimes he even dies before we get to the cap ships. I've tried sending him home, and sometimes he'll act as though he accepts the order, but still gets killed, other times he just says "no" (so much for rank and orders - a captain refusing an order from a Lt. Col. :confused: ).

It's very frustrating. I want to kill all that stuff, and I know I can do it, but, I want to keep my wing alive in the process. Running from it kinda sucks.

erm, good luck?

Thats about when I assumed Iceman got cut up, because he keeps driving straight in against cruisers with a light fighter... I could usually kill half the fighters before one of them got him...

Hmmm... I don't remember it being a problem back in the day, but it's quite possible that I'm just misremembering (G)

I do know that Col. Halcyon will yell at you even if you manage to destroy all the Fralthi - so there's no real point to doing it.

Thanks guys.

You'd think that a blow like that could only be a good thing. lol I just hate leaving enemy around that I know I could kill, but, I hate losing wingmen even more. Oh well.

I'm dying for that pewter planet too.

I know I won it once way back when, but I've played this series so many times I can't remember, so I have no idea when or how I won it. :/ I've got 5 bronze, 5 silver and 5 gold stars, but not the big one. I can't imagine what it takes to win that thing. lol

The medals are mission specific... there are two missions in the game where you can win the Planet: the last mission of WC1 (Venice 4) or the next-to-last mission of SM2 (Charon 1).

Hm. I know nothing survived the last mission in Vega sector. And if I didn't get all the kills, then it was like maybe 1 or 2 snatched by my wing. Can't remember now. What must be done to win that medal in those 2 missions? I'm going into the 8th in SM2 now, so I'll keep it in mind. :D

The pewter planet did kinda suck, you went through the whole game, and in the last mission killed all those fighters and the starbase and I think a fralthi too. Just to get a medal that you didn't get to keep lol.
Damn!!

BlackJack2063 said:
The pewter planet did kinda suck, you went through the whole game, and in the last mission killed all those fighters and the starbase and I think a fralthi too. Just to get a medal that you didn't get to keep lol.
Damn!!

That's what wcsav is for. heh heh :cool:

Bandit LOAF said:
The medals are mission specific... there are two missions in the game where you can win the Planet: the last mission of WC1 (Venice 4) or the next-to-last mission of SM2 (Charon 1).

And the game won't save if you get the medal at Venice 4, which is kind of sad.

When I played that game back on my Amiga, the game just ended after getting that medal. Even later when I bought a hintbook for the stats of everything in the game, it said you would lose the medal.

Yup, there's no save point after the last mission - so you have to go back and add your kills and medal in with WCSAV. :)

I think I used to be able to keep Iceman alive way back when, but on my last run through of the game he kept dying. Even though you get yelled at, I love killing all those enemy ships because it's damn hard to do in the Hornet and it's more #'s on the killboard :D

Back