My Wing Commander TV Show

Okay...

Who would be your main character?

What would be your *new* ship class?

What would be the plot of the pilot episode?

Come on, get those creative juices flowing, man! You gotta know these things if ya wanna do such a thing! ;)

Give him a break! ;)
You can't write a screenplay in five minutes... okay, okay, some movies and shows proove you acutally CAN write a screenplay in five minutes, but you shouldn't! ;)

Ciao
B.S.

hey... I could take offense to that ;)

And I have most of the plot figured out, I just don't wish to divulge it is all.

hey LOAF, I think you should put something in the WC CIC news about me and my endeavours, of course, it would have to be a *REALLY* bad news day where virtually nothing is going on in the WC universe, but, uh, well... there ya' go :)

My suggestion would be to set it with all new characters on a carrier we never saw.... don't go interfering with anything we know :)

Originally posted by Pedro
My suggestion would be to set it with all new characters on a carrier we never saw.... don't go interfering with anything we know :)

That would defeat the purpose of licensing a property.

Disney's Gargoyles show, written by Greg Wiseman, had the first 10 seasons written, though they only did 4 or 5 (at last count). Wiseman wrote the entire Gargoyles history from the Dark Ages to sometime into the mid 22nd century!

Hey, no wonder it was such a great show! And well, I think I'd want to maybe employ a writer for uhm... writing :) It would be pretty hard to do the whole thing by myself, hehe ;)

BTW- I said that it would take place on a new carrier with new characters, although the pilot would feature a "substantial" cameo from the TCS Midway, and perhaps from the Wolf Pack squadron as well.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF

That would defeat the purpose of licensing a property. [/B]

Hell no. Wing Commander is more than just its characters, think about the novels, did they stop being Wing Commander because they didn't have the main characters (excluding PoF and HotT) or how about the replacement of Blair with Casey.

Wing Commander is so immersive because its created a hugely believable universe, its like if someone said The Next Generation will never take off it doesn't have kirk in it ;)

The novels all used characters from the games.

The only WC game *without* the trademark characters is the one everybody violently hates.

And we're looking at this from the perspective of someone in Hollywood paying millions of dollars for a license, *not* that of your typical fanboy. You pay that money for the characters and situations, not to create something vaguely remeniscent of Wing Commander.

Vaguely reminiscent sounds far more like the WC movie to me, all you are doing is changing the characters, and like I said it worked for Star Trek :)

Somehow I don't think the odd character here and there made much difference and even if it did theres no reason why that couldn't be done in a TV series but Blair is very tightly scheduled :) We know his life.

Originally posted by Mav23
And well, I think I'd want to maybe employ a writer for uhm... writing

Well, please, think of me when you need a writer! ;)
My refrences: Film Academy graduate and diehard-WC-fan with writing experience! :D

Ciao
B.S.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
The novels all used characters from the games.

The only WC game *without* the trademark characters is the one everybody violently hates.

And we're looking at this from the perspective of someone in Hollywood paying millions of dollars for a license, *not* that of your typical fanboy. You pay that money for the characters and situations, not to create something vaguely remeniscent of Wing Commander.

Yeah!

Like I said, it would feature many cameos from the series of games, both persona and ships.

Back