My Privateer Thread

Originally posted by Lance Casey
hey anyone know where to find the exploritory guild in priv????
These should help you tremendously. Look for Taryn Cross.
oh yea one more thing when do the Fusion Guns come into play????
In rightoues Fire

C-ya

Last edited by a moderator:
If you listened carefully to Brownhair's jabberings to Dr Monkhouse, you'd know where the Exploratory Service is currently hiring. ;)

i believe that the tachyon guns had the most damage per second...

damage * (1/delay)

tachyon had the most (barring steltek).

this was my big disappointment with privateer when i had alll max upgrades. i went looking through the guns one time and i worked it out, and it turns out tachyon kills the fastest, and i sold mine a while ago.

-scheherazade

The damage rating for Tachyons is apparently too high in the manual, but even so, I think it still has the greatest damage potential over time. Most people seem too think it's the best gun, especially if money is not a concern.

oh viper thanks for showing me the guide section helped out a lot

Knight 1 to all fighters break formation and clear a path for Gold Wing so they can make their run, oh and Maniac don't try to play chicken again ok? You remember what happened last time

wedge < the tachyon was not even the most expensive gun too. you could get them rather early in the game as far as prices went.

the plasma was a joke. it was expensive and did less damage per second

tachyon = 12.5cm/sec
plasma = 9cm/sec

tachyon owned
plasma was a rip off

-scheherazade

guys i need a little help i need to figure out how to change ems driver over to RAM mode could ya tell me where i make the change???

All fighters Break And Attack i repeat Break And Attack!! Oh and Maniac this is the last warning im giving you stop playing chicken or you'll end up in the brig

You can have a signature, you know. And post tech stuff in Tech Support. Without saying stuff like "I'M GOING CRAZY!", that just turns people off from helping you.

Originally posted by scheherazade
wedge < the tachyon was not even the most expensive gun too. you could get them rather early in the game as far as prices went.
But it is still reasonably dear. What I meant was that if people were having a hard time scrouging cash, something like the Meson might be a reasonable and cheap alternative.

well sorry guys but i am, being so close without the answer annoys the hell out of me

but please help me out here and i promise ill tone it down a little

Originally posted by Ijuin
It all depends on where your priorities are when it comes to guns. Do you want maximum damage output? Then go with the Plasma cannons. Do you want a gun with more range and speed? Then go with the Fusion cannons.

Speed could come in handy with slower reflexes.

Timing is key with the slower guns. It holds very true with slower ships as well, such as bombers. It also makes the game a bit more of a challenge.

But with paitence and practice, the slower speed and less range can be a huge advantage.

Hello,

Originally posted by RFBurns
Speed could come in handy with slower reflexes.

Timing is key with the slower guns. It holds very true with slower ships as well, such as bombers. It also makes the game a bit more of a challenge.

But with paitence and practice, the slower speed and less range can be a huge advantage.

It is, of course, just a question of personal playstyle. For me the Tachyons are best. The Tachyons also deliver a nice chainfire , when you have wasted your energy. Even a Tarsus, equipped with 2 Tachyons and 20 FF's is a very good fighter.

Originally posted by RFBurns
But with paitence and practice, the slower speed and less range [of guns] can be a huge advantage.
In what way? I love using the Devastator's plasma on fighters, but in Privateer I use Tachyons (I used to use Plasmas there as well).

tarsus.jpg

(With apologies to myself for stealing it from my livejournal.)

Hmm... that's from your source model collection, isn't it? I suppose it's too much bother to make a hi-res picture like you made for the Centurion...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
What are you talking about? That *is* a high-res picture...
That's hilarious LOAF! Do you have a "What player ship are you" for all of the Privateer ships? If so, can we see them, a quick look into the private vault of LOAF.

C-ya

Yeah, that'd be great.

The Tachyons actually have a greater damage than they seem to - hacking the Privateer code apparently reveals a 5.0cm damage per shot.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
What are you talking about? That *is* a high-res picture...
I know that. But I meant make nice big pretty pictures of all of them. But anyway, forget about it...

Originally posted by Bob McDob
The Tachyons actually have a greater damage than they seem to - hacking the Privateer code apparently reveals a 5.0cm damage per shot.
Which, IIRC, is what's stated in the manual.

Back