My life as a Privateer

I have played Privateer since I'm 12, I played it more than WC and I even have a poster wich I saw in a PC Game shop when the game was released. So yeah, I have played a lot. Aldo I have not collected 15 millions, when I reach about 6 or 7 I get bored and I start all over again. And in RF, when all the groups in the game hates me, I just fly to Basque and pay Lynch to clear my file.

I have researched in a lot of web sites collecting info about the game, but most of them have editors to get money. In my personal opinion, the fun part of the game is to sweat and fight to get that money, not use an editor. But I must confess I wasn't always that honest. I discovered that if you buy a Galaxy and mount the two turrets with tractor beams you can do a very nice cheat. You can go to a quiet system (my favourite is, after Troy, the Raxis system). Buy something wich can provide you some money (like furs in agriculture planet or holographics in a refinery) and just buy 3 units. Then go to space, find a quiet place and expulse the cargo. Then take it back with the two tractor beams on the cargo, and when you have it again, you will see that you have 6 units now. You can do it until over a hundred units. Once, playing P1 I did it with the Alien Artifact and I had two of them, but nothing else happened (except I lost 1 unit of free cargo space).

I also noticed that when you finish the plot, the game begins to show funny things. Once I blowed up a Kilrathi ship and it expulsed luxury goods, and I have also got a slave from a militia ship. The confeds do crash between them, but a lot of other ships do that. When the merchants are neutral, is very common see them aproaching your ship as if they want to attack you and when they're close, turn away. And the most bizarre thing that has happened to me was once, at Tuck's Pirate Base I checked the computer mission and appeared a Bounty mission to get Mordecai Jones, last seen in Eden system. When I tried to accept it, the game shut down displaying error (Too bad I didn't get a screenshot before that).
I saw a lot of ships being "coward" and fly away from the battle while the rest of them try to take me down, but I love to chase them until they die!

The best challenge I have found in RF is to finish the plot with the Tarsus. It's very possible since once it's upgraded, works pretty much like the Centurion in the P1.

I agree about how boring is to have millions of credits and nothing to do with them. I have always dreamt about being able to buy a Demon or a Drayman just to see how it's like, or being able to buy a fleet of cargo ships to yourself and be some sort of Lynch.

And I think you all know this, but I think is quite funny to see that exist a pirate base which doesn't have those ugly asteroids arround, in the KM_252 system.

Anyway, I have seen many projects about Privateer 3D and that sort of things arround the web. If anyone read this and is interested in do such a thing, I will be happy to help. I have no idea about programming or graphic design, but I have a lot of imagination to create names, bases or news ideas, so just let me know if you're interested.

well, if you dont want just graphic computer games, you could take a look at an irc rpg I created, since Ill have privateer player characters been accepted soon
Not the same thing, but not only gives you a lot more freedom than a computer game, but allows you to try to do all that you said, and more :)

WC:Frontier

- K

shattered faith < the WC universe mod could use any help you can offer.
ship stats
missions
etc.
if you can help.

email me or darkmage

my mail is scheherazade @ strategyplanet.com

-scheherazade

Back