My Fleet

pons

Spaceman
Hi, I just "traded in" a Galaxy and bought an Orion. I first stripped the Galaxy of everything, and bought the needed items for my new Orion.
Now it shows in My Fleet at the ship merchant booth. Price is 6000cr. and I aparently have the choice of selling or buying her.
Why would I buy a ship that I already own?

The real question is, what do I do with her? Can I send her on errands piloted by the AI, or do I have to be at her helm personaly?
What happen if I manage to have more than one ship ib My Fleet? and, Can I change ships to pilot in this way?

I'll apreciate any input here, I'm puzzled....
sebastian pons

pons said:
Now it shows in My Fleet at the ship merchant booth. Price is 6000cr. and I aparently have the choice of selling or buying her.
Why would I buy a ship that I already own?

'buy', in this case, means 'pay for the ship to be shipped to you so you can switch to it and pilot it'.

if you go back to the base where you bought the new ship, the 'purchase' price for the old one will be 0.00.

Thank you for your very quick answer!!

So, the 6000 would be for transporting the ship to my location? It makes sense.
As for changing ships, how can I do it without dying?

sebastian pons

To change ships, simply go to "My Fleet" and click "Buy" on your other ship. If you're at the location where your other ship is parked, it will cost you nothing. Of course, if you stripped it down, it won't be much good to you unless you re-outfit it.

Or, if you decide you don't want your other ship any more, you can click on your other ship and press "Sell." If it's totally stripped down, you won't get much for it, but then you will get a little bit of extra cash to play with.

Sphynx said:
Or, if you decide you don't want your other ship any more, you can click on your other ship and press "Sell." If it's totally stripped down, you won't get much for it, but then you will get a little bit of extra cash to play with.
And if it's not stripped down, you still won't get much for it. IIRC, you need to sell the extras first to get anything for it.

Oh, yes, I think that's correct. Thanks for pointing that out. Just don't expect a huge re-sale value on your ship.

Back