My Dream

I have chosen a new engine, I will use the Vega Strike Engine, I have looked at flight commander and have reached the conclusion that it will be a great space flight sim game, however it does not allow us the navpoint freedom we will require. I can now tell you that the game will have multiplayer support. it WILL have the full universe map uploaded into it!

Originally posted by Raptor

I always got into the game more when I could see the cockpit and everything that was going on it, from the pilot's hands on the stick to blown out panels and sparking wires.

"You don't have to worry about the hand taking damage" - Actual quote from the Armada team

BTW, although I think the Prophecy cockpit has some good elements, I do prefer the WingII-III style cockpits. Just make it unobstructive, or better yet, make the cockpit a "lookdown" feature with the HUD projecting onto the main screen a la WCIV-P.

Originally posted by Bob McDob

BTW, although I think the Prophecy cockpit has some good elements, I do prefer the WingII-III style cockpits. Just make it unobstructive, or better yet, make the cockpit a "lookdown" feature with the HUD projecting onto the main screen a la WCIV-P.
Right... piloting a Longbow with the cockpit is very near to impossible...

Of course someone will come and say that's what a pilot would normally see...
Well I'm going to be a spoilsport and say that the WC universe does not exist in reality ( :eek: I know...) hence we only have to worry about the player behind his computer and what he, the cockpit option being there just for the sake of realism...

Not to mention a real pilot would be able to look up and to the sides a heck of a lot easier than we do in the games.

Ah, matter of taste I guess. I always played with the cockpit on, and I didn't have all that much trouble with visibility. The big problem with the Lonbow was that it was a sitting duck for fighters.

Best, Raptor

Originally posted by Raptor
The big problem with the Lonbow was that it was a sitting duck for fighters.
I guess that's what the thick shielding and armour was for, Raptor... ;)

Originally posted by mpanty

Of course someone will come and say that's what a pilot would normally see...
I'm not gonna say that... but I am gonna say that I don't recall ever switching the cockpit off in a Longbow.

As for being what a pilot would normally see... it's possible that there's an invisible cockpit type HUD in a pilot's helmet...

I didnt mind the cockpit views, they didnt really mess with the amount of view IMO, they added a sense of realism. But I didnt go for the movement of some of them, when you turned they sort of "banked" and that was annoying. Much like FS's afterburn shake, a very annoying and unecessary element to what they attempted at "realism".

RFB

I think in any WC game the cockpits were somehow cool, except in WC4, where the HUD was functional but just plain ugly.

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
As for being what a pilot would normally see... it's possible that there's an invisible cockpit type HUD in a pilot's helmet...
Now that would be a wonder of technology, now wouldn't it? :)
Just like in Airwolf... :) Boy I loved that chopper...

I liked the cockpit views -- not necessarily because they added realism, but because they made each ship unique. WCIV had trouble with that...

Originally posted by Bandit LOAF
I liked the cockpit views -- not necessarily because they added realism, but because they made each ship unique.
True... I liked the cockpits, don't get me wrong... they just made piloting the ship harder... :)

WCIV had trouble with that...
Well I guess programmers thought that the majority of players were *not* using the cockpit view anyway, so why bother designing it... :(

The WCIV thing wasn't too bad. It was almost like you were seeing it through an eyepiece or something. I didn't like WCP's though. Those stupid frames with nothing else.

Originally posted by Ghost
(...) it is easy to fly the Longbow with the cockpit
Yah... and if you're blind it's even more easy...

[Edited by mpanty on 04-23-2001 at 20:40]

Originally posted by mpanty
Originally posted by Ghost
(...) it is easy to fly the Longbow with the cockpit
Yah... and if you're blind it's even more easy...

[Edited by mpanty on 04-23-2001 at 20:40]

You say so because you are blind ????? :p

Back