Music

iCe

Vice Admiral
hey, i was thinking... what kind of music do we wingnuts listen to¿?¿

describe your fav style and bands;

i'll kick off:

metal/(hard)rock i listen the most. sometimes punk

bands i realy love are;

dream theater, liquid tension experiment, transatlantic, nickelback, dire straits, status quo, mark knopfler, queen, iron maiden etc...

Let's see.....
Old Metallica, before they came out of the closet. Johnny Cash, the man in black kicks ass.
Classic rock - Zeppelin, CCR, Ted Nugent etc.
There's nothing like slaying Kilrathi with Cannibal Corpse blaring.

Radiohead are THE best band in the world in my opinion - but they're not to everyones taste.... OK computer is a masterpiece, a work of art.

Red Hot Chilli Peppers are great also - Hard and funky - just the way I like it.

Others I like include NIN, Muse, White Stripes, Vines, Incubus (S.C.I.E.N.C.E. era), Rage against the machine, Tool.....I saw the Flaming Lips not too long ago any they were....well....lets just say it was like being on acid without actually being on acid - highly enjoyable...

Then theres electronic music.....Nick Warren and Anthony Pappa...You are Gods!!

Currently:

Stavesacre, Luti-Kriss, Zao, Beloved, Story of the Year, Project 86, The Cooties, and some of the stuff I hear on the radio while I'm at work.

Rock/Pop mainly, but generally everything that can still be called music (which excludes techno and rap). 50s, 60s, 80s (the seventies lack a bit for me). Since the mid 90s there isn't really all that many hearable music anymore.
If I had to name one band that would be Queen.

I don't confine myself to Genres, I like all types (well Not Heavy Metal, Rap, Hip Hop etc)

Emotional internet insults (such as "psych, yer an asshole!" or "psych, you've done nothing to the WC community!") is music to my ears.

Hmm . . in that case, Psych, I'll create a little tune for you.

You insult newbies unjustly
Just give these young ones a chance
There's no point in being so beastly
You're a bigger faggot than Rance

Eh, that probably sucks. And, of course, no real offense intended to Rance. Enjoy!

Thanks, now I can add "faggot" to my list of insults, I'll file it between "I hope you were killed in the Columbine massacre!" and "you are just a nerdy tub-o-lard!"

But to keep this topic on track, I found this file that should serve as a lesson to all of you American Idol wannabes out there.

here

By the way, Psych, (and, just to clear up any confusion), I usually agree with you these days when you beat the brakes off of a newbie. I just thought you might like the insult-in-song-form approach.

Oh, and, that video is a riot.

Bob McDob said:
I like music without lyrics.

then you should try dream theater, transatlantic or liquid tension experiment. they got lot's of instrumental songs :)

\m/alar

Here a FEW representatives of my music, which I usually hear on the day (the only kind of popular music I can tolerate is Metal):

Black & Death Metal: Dimmu Borgir, Thorns, Therion, Bathory, Nifelheim, Moonspell, Emperor & some German "underground" bands.
Viking Metal: Moonsorrow, Falkenbach, Bathory (too), Ultima Thule
Powermetal: Blind Guardian
Avantgarde Metal: Bal-Sagoth, Old In Extremo Albums, Finntroll, Symphony X
Classic Metal: Old Metalica Albums, Judas Priest, Manowar (lol), Anthrax, Slayer

I listen and play progressive metal music, and so I like Dream Theater, Symphony X, Vanden Plas, A.C.T. and other more or less obscure bands in that genre.

Punk rock almost strictly...
Bad Religion, NOFX, Rancid, Pennywise, Millencolin, The Ramones, No Use for a Name, Less Than Jake, Jugghead's Revenge, The Descendents, BlackFlag, etc...

Pennywise?

Our old bass player once asked me to help him figure out a pennywise tune (which will tell You our skill at the time) - now he plays tapping leads on a six string bass... Growing up is so cool :)

I've listened to most of those bands for atleast 12 years...I first heard BR when I was like 10 on a skate video...

i like punk rock, mostly just Bad Religion, i have heard Rancid and like them but i haven't heard a lot of them.

Back