Multiplayer?

Ghostcloak

Spaceman
I was doing some web surfing about 3 years ago when I noticed someone (was it Origin themselves?) was creating a website for WC pilots and aces to sign up to play with other real people over the internet. There internet version was still under construction for the next year or so and then just vanished from the web. I can no longer find the url for the website. It seemed quite exciting though since it was going one more step with the idea of multiplayer dogfighting and missions as seen in armada, but doing so with more than just 2 people. There was a roster list of aprox. 200 people I believe before I finally saw the server go down. I can not recall the name of the server, or the game itself other than it was WC. If anyone knows anything about what happened to that project I'd gladly love to know. I think that would be VERY nice (although promisingly complicated) to design a game such that it is multiplayer capable.

What you're describing sounds like an Armada-players matching site that was up a long time ago.. Don't think I've ever seen a firm site about any sort of realistic internet play for a WC game.

There were also all the different squads that popped up when Prophecy was supposed to include multiplayer...

Actually, could Earth and Beyond by EA/Westwood be the idea behind the multiplayer style of WC? I mean, it has alot of the same features that was described on the website along time ago...

No, the WC online project(s) were a competing proposal. Nothing about them was released publically, though, so what you saw was probably some sort of a 'what fans want' design.

Back