Multiplayer...

I'm betting that it will be kind of like Black & White... shiny graphics, innovative interface, good AI, ambitious scope, extremely over-hyped, and, after 10 minutes of play, too damn boring.

I hope DA doesn't forget to include a fun game inside their innovative state of the art engine.

--Eder

People, please calm down! :)

Before jumping to conclusions about whether or not Freelancer will suck because of its control interface go to the TLR and you'll get all the info that is currently available to the public.
(There is even a transcript of Bargib's visit to DA's HQ in July.)

Originally posted by Eder
I'm betting that it will be kind of like Black & White... shiny graphics, innovative interface, good AI, ambitious scope, extremely over-hyped, and, after 10 minutes of play, too damn boring.

(...)
--Eder

That's so true about B&W (sadly).

Try playing some Max Payne. I just grabbed the game yesterday. It's a beautiful work of gameplay and graphics. The hype is actually right on this one.

Max Payne is really fun with its cool graphics and even though the gameplay is fairly simple (you run down corridors in slowmotion and put lots of bullets into your enemies :) ) it seldom became boring.

Yeah, I noticed it comes in a DVD case... is this going to be the "new thing" for games from now on?

The DVD perplexed me. I opened the box and pulled out the mousepad that came with it and there was a PS2/DVD box. I was surprised to see it in there, but it does make more sense. DVD boxes last longer than jewel cases.

Mekt, you're very right about the gameplay being simple, but thats the fun of it. You don't have to think before you act, just strafe in, hit right-click for bullet-time jumps, and blow the hell outta enemies. Someone already put out a beta of a Kung Fu Mod and apparently Max Payne is being turned into a film by Dimension Films.

Still, any game where they render the bullets and you can dodge them in slow motion is a-ok with me. This is probably the best PC game since either Half-Life or Homeworld.

How comw whenever the subject is online space sim's everyone forgets Allegiance. It is a fantastic game and now with the addition of carriers it is quite alot like playing a massive online game of Wing commander.

Back