multiplayer

Not really, the one Wing Commander game with multiplayer options is Armada, and it is from before the time of internet play...

It doesnt use the internet either but WC:prophecy for GBA has multiplayer as well

AD said:
It doesnt use the internet either but WC:prophecy for GBA has multiplayer as well

Hehe, Ad beat me too it. I happily also include the CCG.. which may yet get an internet playable version before the other two.

Oh, I was refering specifically to internet stuff, considering how we are all from different continents, hemispheres...

And Crid is right, we will probably see a internet version of CCG before anything else.

Then again, couldn't we play some other game online? UT2k4, Freelancer...

Edfilho said:
Then again, couldn't we play some other game online? UT2k4, Freelancer...
Freelancer has several mods wich contain WC ships. you can them dl at Lancersreactor & one of them is "Privateer : the Reckoning" in wich the Bases from Privateer are also included.
Actually, I'm surprised (& disappointed) that not more WC modders are using Freelancer to make a Multiplayer version of Wing Commander/Privateer.
Every time (after WC2) a new WC game came out, I was hoping it would have been with multiplayer/LAN option, but Armada stayed the odd one out (on PC, not counting Prophecy GBA) & Armada wasn't really of the same quality as WC1,2,3,4 &p
I can't wait for WCSAGA, it looks really good so far & I enjoyed playing Freespace 2 (good engine, though not as good as Freelancer)

Confed said:
Excuse my ignorance, but what is CCG? :confused:

customizable (or collectable?) card game (i think I may have the first word wrong)
like magic: the gathering

Yep, it is a card game.

BTW, Although freelancer is great, I don't really think it is the best option for non priv wc mods... it being 3rd person and privateer-like gameplay.

Confed said:
I can't wait for WCSAGA, it looks really good so far & I enjoyed playing Freespace 2 (good engine, though not as good as Freelancer)

What are you talking about? The FS2 engine is far superior to freelancers. :confused:

The official FS2 engine is a lot inferior to Freespace. I don't know about the hacked one, though. All we got were some (pretty good) screenshots.

Back