Movie Skip in WCP

Jabiru

Spaceman
Hey, it seems I'm not the only person to have this problem lately...well hopefully someone can help me with this. The movies in WCP skip, but not all the time. It seems to be better when I first load the game, but after a mission, the movies go all crappy again and I have to restart the game. Well that sucks because then I miss every movie that plays right after a mission I miss. Also the in-mission comm videos skip. Anyways, I've tried both the maximum and recommended installs (recommended seems to be better), and playing in 3dfx and Direct3d (no difference). I've also done everything the EA Tech page says to do in order eliminate the "skippiness". Nothing has worked to totally solve the problem. Here are my system specs and I hope someone can help me...

AOpen AX6B Mainboard
500 mHz Intel Celeron Processor
192 MB RAM
Jaton Video-58P 2D video card
3Dfx V21000 Voodoo2 3D accelerator
Creative Sound Blaster 16 (ISA)
Acer 50X max CD-ROM
AOpen FM56-PM 56Kbps modem
Windows 98 SE

Thanks for your help!

It may have to do with your version of Windows... but don't quote me on that.

What exactly is the problem? Do the movies not play at all, or what? On that front, I could maybe help you more...

------------------

§

The movies do play, but they just skip parts so that sentences are incomprehendable and it is tough to understand anything that goes on.

I see... in that case then, you might want to take a look at your CD's. They might be scratched or corrupted in some way. Also, you might want to try the game in a different CD-ROM drive, just in case.

------------------

§

I had this problem, the way I fixed it was to go into directX setup and disabled the sound accleration.

Thanks Pedro...that seems to be working (although the sound and video in the movies are off by a half-second or so). However, the sound in-mission stutters and the comm-videos are still way messed up and I can't understand a word that anyone says. Does anyone know if there's a setting for subtitles in comm-videos? I didn't see one, but I might have missed it.

Do you also notice a delay when you move the mouse towards the door, or is it kinda jerky when you move around the Lounge?

This new problem is one my friend had, if no one knows the solution I'll check with him to see how he fixed it (and at the same time get my Prophecy Gold box and manual back!!)

Yep, there's a setting for comm subtitles. Wouldn't leave the carrier without it
smile.gif
. Go to options... it's in there somewhere, though I can't quite remember where. I think it's together with the rest of the comm settings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quarto: Thanks I found it
smile.gif

Pedro: Thanks, that'd be cool
smile.gif

Shane: I didn't notice it being jerky in the lounge...right now the only major problem seems to be the in-mission sound and comms

Last edited by a moderator:
I had the jerkiness is the movies and the briefings (or the briefings would load very slow) I also had the door problems. Was related to my sound card driver.

Hmmm...looks like I spoke too soon. The movie skips are back and worse than ever...even with the hardware accelerated sound off. Anyone have any other ideas? Otherwise I'm going to tear apart the inside of this computer...maybe discard the sound card while I'm at it...

Back