Most shocking WC moment

What was the most shocking WC event/twist?

• Spirit commiting suicide (WC2)

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Jazz is discovered to be a traitor (WC2)

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Angel murdered (WC3)

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Hobbes was only a personality overlay (WC3)

Votes: 23 40.4%
  • Ordered to shoot down Eisen & Maniac/defection dilemma (WC4)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Tolwyn's the real leader of Black Lance (WC4)

Votes: 10 17.5%
  • Blair abducted by the Nephilim (WCP)

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other

Votes: 7 12.3%

• Total voters

NapoleanAce

Spaceman
I wouldn't be surprised if this poll has been posted before, but what was the most shocking WC event/twist?

Spirit commiting suicide (WC2)

Jazz is discovered to be a traitor (WC2)

Angel murdered (WC3)

Hobbes was only a personality overlay (WC3)

Ordered to shoot down Eisen & Maniac/defection dilemma (WC4)

Tolwyn's the real leader of Black Lance (WC4)

Blair abducted by the Nephilim (WCP)

Other

Angel wasn't murdered, she was just "bestowed the Kilrathi's highest honor". Just like how my dad doesn't beat my mom and my brothers, he just has "cultural differences". :rolleyes:

It was Hobbes!!!

I voted for Hobbes being a personality overlay. The first time i played WC3 i always stuck up for Hobbes up to that point and really believed him to be the most loyal and capable wingman on the Victory. I usually flew with Hobbes because i knew he could get the job done. I was shocked when it was revealed that he wasn't who we thought and i went and chased after him that time.

I don't anymore though, that way Vaquero doesn't die defending the Victory while you're gone.

I was rather surprised with Defecting to the Border Worlds. I didn't see it coming until it happened, but I was only 7 at the time, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Blair being captured wasn't too big, but when he dies. That's big.

The bioweapons raid shocked me a little with the gorey part (I was 9, don't bite). And Dallas dieing.
I was hoping he'd make it. I LIKED HIM DAMN IT!

I just remember putting myself in Blair's place, watching his girl get gutted. And, according to the novel, Thrakhath gloated about how they carved up her body and ate it as a ritual feast. When I put myself in Blair's place, I was so filled with bitter, heartbroken, cold-sweating rage that I nearly forgot that it was fiction. Btw, don't do that.

After somewhat 'gaining' Hobbes' trust in WC2, I was certainly always trusting to him in WC3, and stuck up for him in front of Cobra (Boy was I surpised when she lay bleeding on the flight deck, and I always went chasing after him) - I recall, after that, when I went back to play WC3, I'd -never- choose Hobbes as a Wingman, unless it was default like in the first few missions. Pretty silly, I know, but knowing he was a traitor was just something i didn't wanna handle :p

One question: If you dont go chasing after Hobbes so Vaquero doesn't die, do you get the chance to face Hobbes later on?

I always knew Tolwyn wasn't the nicest guy, but I had no idea how low he would go. Finding out about the Black Lance, and that he was the leader was pretty big for me.

Although, WC4 was the first game I played where I was old enough to understand that there was a plot, and it also happens to be my favorite WC, so me finding it most shocking doesn't mean it really was.

The book had it more accurate to me. In the game you could "listen to reason" and let Hobbes get away, but if that's the case Hobbes would've gotten back to Kilrah and warned them of the T-Bomb. The book stressed how important it was to not allow Hobbes to escape, and thus it made sense to pursue him immediately and eventually sacrifice Vaquero.

Ship morale goes up a notch if you go after him, but who really cares about that eh ... :eek:

Dammerung said:
I was rather surprised with Defecting to the Border Worlds. I didn't see it coming until it happened, but I was only 7 at the time, so I'm sure that had something to do with it. Blair being captured wasn't too big, but when he dies. That's big.

yeah..

i saw just about everything else coming.. even teh tolwyn thing in wc4 tho i was very young when i first played it.. ,mayb 14-15?

hobbes defection? never liked him anyways.. once a traitor always a traitor... besides i never palyed wc2 so i never had that history...

def. did not see blair dying coming.. and i s'pose the bio attack gory bit surprised me back then...

fark WC is best game ever !! heh.

Me, I just wondered why Blair didn't just tractor in Thrakath's pod during the WC2 final mission at K'Tithrak Mang, removing the heir to the throne of Kilrah.

Vagabond's death scene in WC4 shocked the hell out of me. I knew something dramatic was going to happen but to knock off my favorite rage'n asian? :(

Hobbes' overlaid personality. Wc3 was the first WC I ever played and I played it over and over again, and simply thought that Hobbes couldn't take it that his homeworld was going to be destroyed. I never knew about his explanation until a couple of years later.

Hobbes really suprised me. I thought it would have been someone else on board, not Hobbes.

How ever the Tiger's Claw scene shocked me too. I saw the claw and was like oh cool back to this carrier. Then boom! Scene changed suddenly and I'm sitting there wondering what happened to most of the pilots and Colonel Halcyon etc.

The Tiger's Claw bit shouldn't really have shocked anyone... since the manual tells you what happened to it. :)

Bandit LOAF said:
The Tiger's Claw bit shouldn't really have shocked anyone... since the manual tells you what happened to it. :)
Yeah, but it was shocking and not surprising.

Back