more than just 4 ships available?

ellmo

Spaceman
I wanted to say "Hi" in the first place - which I already did. Let's get down to it.

Haven't played your remake yet, but I will (If my CPU allows me to) in few hours. So I have a question about the Privateer Universe that I haven't seen to be asked before (If it has been - sorry, my bad), and it is:
Are we going to be allowed to fly other civilian ships than Tarsus, Orion, Galaxy and the Cent?
Have you ever made any discussions about that? You see, I'm pretty sure a Privateer shouldn't be allowed to fly a Dralthi or a Kamekh... but why not a Talon? Even if this ship isn't worth much? Hell... Demon could be a useful tool for any pilot, perhaps even the DrayMan (but if yes, it would deifnately require at least one turret, as it doesn't have afterburners [heh], and his maneuverability is pretty bad), with 500, or 700 tons of cargo?

Yay, superb.
Oh, If you ask me (which I doubt), drayman with 2 turrets, instead of front Mesons, some more powerful armour, and shields would be a good merchant ship. I hope it still has maximum 150kps speed :)

Oh, is there any thread about balancing the spacecraft? I would so like to participate in it.

I don't think there is a thread dedicated to ship balance. Feel free to start one or just discuss it here. You can see some old discussions about the Orion here.

Sorry to toot my horn so blatantly but, get the enhancement patch :) it does just about all you ask, namely:

* drayman w/ turrets
* demon buyable
* talon buyable
* front turret for the orion (why front? for looks, most helicopter gunship have a front turret, and it's interesting to play)

Btw. Great confed garrisons don't seem to have any kind of weaponry, they are usually just sitting there taking damage from a single dralthi... LOL

Yeah where can I find the Kilrathi and Confed Capital ships, im upto the oxford missions, and ive been to Perry, yet I still have yet to see any other capital ships other than a Drayman.

Okay I have the 3mb Enhancement patch, so if I update to the 6mb one, ill see some capital ships?

Also will upgrading to the 6mb one affect my save games?

Save games will be affected usually -- try it, it depends. The only capship you can buy at the beginning of the game is the Drayman (by joining the guild), but other stuff becomes available, well, much later. You do see more capships flying around though.

Ah okay thanks for the heads up then
Keep up the good work

Although for the record, that link points to the download being 8MB.
None the less ill give it a go.

Thanks again.

So the correct installation order is first the Enhancement Patch and then PrivR? I noticed the cannot-buy-turrets bug after extracting PrivR, so I did like instructed and deleted my ship folder in privateer010-folder... lost all stuff from my ship, nice! So would be reasonable to sell everything to get some money back before doing this trick :)

And don't know if it's some kind of "enhancement" too, but after these patches I couldn't sell any parts of my ship in Perry Naval Base, Sell-button just didn't appear even if everything was fixed.

Anyway, cool! There was total war going when I launched into space, carriers seemed to launch fighters etc. etc.

No, the two patches are independent; privR.zip just has more stuff in it, the other one is stuff that will hopefully go inside the actual game, I didn't add much for purism. The big patch lets you run around a lot farther. Perry is now fixed -- as to sell, make sure you run a Basic Repair too. Carriers do launch fighters :) if you redownload the big patch, confed carriers will also launch Sabre heavy fighters. Some kilrathi installations will launch camouflaged fighters (not cloaked, camouflaged)

Damn... would be so absolute nice looking if the VS-engine would have dynamic lightning :-/ Just imagine a raging battle in the distance, explosions and weapon blasts flashing...

Back