monte in rf

dazza

Spaceman
ok so i have just delivered monte to new detroit, unfortunately i hacked the save game file so i could just do the rf story line, which means that sandoval is still at new detroit. so i clicked on monte to take his first mission and it started off alright but as soon as i accepted his mission it jumped to sandoval and he gave me the god damn artifact again, im gutted cus it took me a while to get thru the rf storyline and i was only using one save file, which now has me saved with sandovals first mission, completely overwriting the rf story line, is there anything i can do?

You saved it after Sandoval gave you the artifact? When something weird like that happens you'd be well advised not to overwrite your only savegame.

You could probably edit some flags in the savegame, but frankly it's a lot to dig through.

I do sympathize. I've done the same thing plenty of times. Hang on to that savegame though, it should be possible to fix it up and reset it to the previous mission. Try making a copy of it and editing it, experiment with changing the values given after the appropriate campaign and campaign_mission tags (near the top). Just looking at them I'm not sure which goes with which flag..

I think what happened is that dazza hacked the savegame to have a steltek gun... played through righteous fire... then when new detroit came up... sandoval got priority (earlier campaign)... so finishign the sandoval then the tayla missions should enable the RF story to continue since no other fixer will be waiting in New detroit except monte

it got sorted with the help of mamiya, but there is something i realised after getting sandoval to go, monte only gives you a set of directions to follow and it is not actually a mission until you go and see his informant in nexus i think, so the sandoval thing took priority on the screen, so the monte directions were probably still active i just could not tell that they were

Back