Mom-human Pilots?

frostytheplebe

Seventh Part of the Seal
Non-human Pilots?

Do we know, or have any record of any non-terrans flying for the Confederation? (besides hobbes and the other kilrathi rebels) Like holding rank as a pilot IN Confed?

Well, this is somewhat of an anti-climax. You know, with the misleading title and all. I remember reading in Fleet Action about some birds that came from two particular planets that were allies. Don't know if any of them were Confederate though.

I'm pretty sure Firekka was part of the Confederation for a little while. I have no idea in what capacities Firekkans served, however.

Secret Missions 2 and the associated novel, Freedom Flight, make mention of a Firekkan pilot who left his planet - Larrhi. K'Kai and others soon followed in his footsteps, which made them pariahs to many Firekkans.

The Firekkans were officially part of the Confederation, from the time of SM2 to just before the Battle of Terra, where they left TC in disgust at their buying into the false peace offered by the Kilrathi (covered in the novel Fleet Action). It's not impossible that they may have flown fighters, but it's not stated specifically. In Freedom Flight, though, we do know that at least one Firekkan commands a transport, K'kai (neice of one of the big birds [*ahem*] of Firekka that was taken captive by the retreating Kilrathi, after being chased off the planet).

Well, the fighters are unusually large... :)

But yeah, Captain Larrhi left Firekka for fighter training.

We're told that the Confederation is made up of a half dozen races (circa 2634) -- presumably they have pilots that we just haven't seen yet.

Also, no one mentioned Hobbes yet.

well the OP did specify non-Kilrathi alien pilots in the Confederation...

Though that does bode well for the idea that a Firekkan could pilot a human fighter, since Kilrathi seem to have little problem and they tower over humans.

I kind of like it like this.

I could see Shadow being a mom-human pilot.

Interesting -- and unrelated to the topic of the thread -- point.

Several of the male pilots we see in the games are married, have wives, even kids (Bossman and Iceman, for instance).

I can't recall a female pilot we encounter in the games with a family, excepting Spirit's fiancee.

I wonder if there's any inferences to be drawn.

The pale red haired chick from the Academy series looks rather non-humanish. If I remember right she was in the episode about the risky Broadsword mission.

There's another guy from Acedemy that sticks out to me that looks like a non-human; he's really short with a huge neck and a weird hairstyle. He was on the elevator talking about rookies on the Tiger's Claw. I think there's another guy that looks like him in the secret base (I think it's the episode called "the last one left").

In some of the cutscenes from Wing Commander I there are crew members that look non-human in the backround of the Tiger's Claw Crew. I think I remember a different awards cutscene where the background people look even more alien, but some of these people already look alien.
wc_award1.gif

I don't think they're meant to be aliens - it's simply people in the darker background displayed with a limited colour palette.

I don't think they're meant to be aliens - it's simply people in the darker background displayed with a limited colour palette.

I would bet they were meant to be people, but they certainly look freakish... then again that same game had 'Mopoks' that are humanoid aliens, but I'm sure the background pilots were made by an artist who meant them to be human. If I had the other scene, some of them look even less human.

Several of the male pilots we see in the games are married, have wives, even kids (Bossman and Iceman, for instance).

I can't recall a female pilot we encounter in the games with a family, excepting Spirit's fiancee.

I don't know, I'd say it's pretty even - very few of the male pilots we meet have wives and children, either... and we 'meet' male pilots in significantly higher numbers than female ones.

That is to say: while twice as many male characters in WC1 have wives/families (Iceman and Bossman versus Spirit) the actual percentages are different. 50% of the women (one out of two) have them compared to less than twenty percent of the m en (two out of eleven.)

The pale red haired chick from the Academy series looks rather non-humanish. If I remember right she was in the episode about the risky Broadsword mission.

She's Lindsay "Payback" Price, and she's one of the supporting cast - she shows up in almost every episode.

It's hard to say what the intention behind the 'colored' people was... whether they were supposed to be futuristic humans (a la Known Space) or different species. They appear throughout the series - Payback, Blizzard, the Flight School commandant, etc.

There are several clear aliens in 'The Last One Left', though. Karnes' deputy is some kind of strange pink woman with a star on her forehead... and he has a pair of big pink ridged fellows working as thugs.

There's another guy from Acedemy that sticks out to me that looks like a non-human; he's really short with a huge neck and a weird hairstyle. He was on the elevator talking about rookies on the Tiger's Claw.

Yes, that's right, one of the Trafalgar pilots seems to be an alien (or some kind of low-gravity adapted human?) - he shows up in several of the later episodes (Invisible Enemy for sure and I think Recreation...)

Back