Mods

@Straggler: any Wing Commander mods for Freespace 2? Any Freespace mods for Wing Commander SO? Or Wing Commander mods for Freespace 1? Could you please be more specific?

As for Wing Commander Saga: the link to the website is included in my signature :D

nope freespace 1 has NO WC MODS I was working on porting the freespace 2 wing commander mod I was doing back to freesapce 1 but that work is long gone.

yes, I have heard of that one, but sadly I had no chance to get my hands on it.

Anyway, Wing Commander Saga is in the process of becoming a full game, since most of the core files were replaces and the engine is freeware now... If everything works out you won't need to own either Freespace or OR the demo.

THE_WUQKED said:
Although I have the full game: COOL! :cool: - And nice move of them to make the engine fully freeware ;)

nice move to release the source code ;) So if no FS2 elements are included in the game package then the game is freeware ;)

Tolwyn said:
nice move to release the source code ;) So if no FS2 elements are included in the game package then the game is freeware ;)

WOW! A game developer (space sim) releases the source codes. My what a concept! :rolleyes:

If only EA would catch on with the rest of em...I couldnt imagine what would be developed by modders.

Ya ya I know...game developers dont release the money making stuff for free....Violition just did it (like the countless others) to keep on making money from that particular sim. (again...:rolleyes: )

Im looking forward to WC Saga, cuz I really didnt care that much for Freespace 1 or 2 at all, tho I do have them and have played them completely. They just seemed a bit odd in both gameplay and story line/plot along with the cumbersome keyboard comm's commands just to tell your wing to do something.

They could have fixed it so that you can tell your wing with a two or three key stroke sequence instead of 5 for just sending one command to one fighter..all the while 6 Shivans are bearing down on you with all they got! A little more pre-mission flight time would have been nice too like the WC missions..so you can prep before a battle instead of being thrusted right into the middle of one at the very instant the mission starts. :rolleyes: I hope WC Saga mod will not have that little setback.

wing commander saga features over 1 hour of voice communication... I estimate voicefiles to take almost 100 (if not more) mb on my hard drive. ;)

You should take a look at the screenies. Some people are already using dialogues from wcs as their signatures ;)

Back