Mods you would like to see for Secret Ops.

ChazZio

Spaceman
I like to call threads like this "Brainstormers" But to the point: Any mods you would like to see done for the game Secret Ops? I do. I call it the "Kilrathi Mod"

Basically, you play as a Kilrathi pilot who fights Confeds, Nephilm, and Border World Pilots, all for the sake of honor and glory in the empire. However, at some point you can defect and join the confeds in their Alien wars. I like this idea for a mod becasue I would love to see a Kilrathi Piloting one with his wingmates, and you are that pilot!

The carrier setting is the Tol'Kar, a moderate Cruiser which is a decent match for the Hades.

Me I'd like to see someone do a Battlestar Galactica mod. I love WC, but having recently bought the BSG series DVD set I'm feeling a bit nostalgic.

I'd like to see a mod thats fun to play and well written. Unknown Enemy and Standoff definitely go in that direction.

How about a mod that includes every single Confed ship, carrier, fleets, bases and planets as well as every single Kilrathi ship, carrier, fleets, bases, planets.

How about a mod with everything in WC from 1 thru WCPSO, including the bugs.

And I do mean *EVERY* ship, carrier etc. Not just a few favorites to the one making the mod.

I don't think a WCSO mod to the vision engine would be... necessary...

But WC1/2/3/4-to-Vision sounds good, and it's been debated before.

So far, the efforts of making WC2-era ships on Standoff looks fantastic. It shows it's possible, but requires talent.

I don't know what you guys are trying to say. I've seen what the Unknown Enemy, Standoff, and WC Saga guys have made, and I am more than impressed. I only wished I had the modeling skill to go along with my programing experience to do anything like they did.

To me, it seems rude that you people would talk about what you'd like to see for mods, when there are several mods that are coming out (and are already out) that add upgraded ships with ships we haven't heard of in brand new storylines. Sure, it'd be nice to have a new viewpoint, perhaps more ships, but look at we have so far!

If you want a mod that bad, you have a few options: 1) do it yourself or 2) enjoy the mods we have so far and wait for add-ons or sequels.

ChanceKell, I don't think anyone here's implying that the current mods aren't good enough, and you really can't blame people for talking about what they would like to see in the future :).

That having been said, I personally don't care at all what is done in future mods. I want to see more mods, full stop. I want to see more people making these mods. I know not everybody has the right skills to mod games, and I certainly don't think there's anything wrong with all you guys who say you'd like to help but cannot do so. However, I would really love to see more people at least trying to learn.

Yeah! Come on, guys there are plenty of things that you can do to help mods. You could learn how to code in Pascal or offer help in writing voice-overs or fiction. You could also learn how to make models or just model conversions or make music or come up with ideas for ships or any number of things to help out with a mod. :mad:

I am trying to start up a mod based on UE and I need coders and people who can do voice-overs. So is anyone going to help? :(

Just go to the Fan Projects forum and look up the thread "Operation: Clean Sweep overview" to find out more. ;)

Iceblade said:
Yeah! Come on, guys there are plenty of things that you can do to help mods. You could learn how to code in Pascal or offer help in writing voice-overs or fiction. You could also learn how to make models or just model conversions or make music or come up with ideas for ships or any number of things to help out with a mod. :mad:

I am trying to start up a mod based on UE and I need coders and people who can do voice-overs. So is anyone going to help? :(

Just go to the Fan Projects forum and look up the thread "Operation: Clean Sweep overview" to find out more. ;)

Well Im no coder by any means, tho I can model a bit, but not anything worthy of being put into a mod, still have alot to refine. But the voice over part..thats no biggie...send a script. Email is in profile.

I agree that the concept of fighting from the Kirathi side would be interesting. However, the one part of the war I would most like to play through is the Battle of Vukar Tag.

vukar tag would be great just because we get to smash so many kats in one battle...definately one of confed's greatest victories although it was sideshowed by the tarawa's raid...

Back