Modding privateer

"How to" for the comman man, please

Okay, I've no special coding skills and I've just uninstalled T2T for the second time in disgust. I'm about to uninstall the Privateer remake in equal disgust after watching the demons' drunken spirals foil my military grade auto-targeting weapons for the nth time in a row.

So the question is this: how can a common slob with Notepad figure out how to edit the .csv files? Bringing the demons' speed down to 150 would be great and I'm assuming I need to edit the line that starts with 'demon template'. I changed the 450 to 150 and the 1200 right before it to 200. Still no change when I fire the game up again.

Honestly, I'd love to just blow the Drayman out of the sky, tractor the books onto my own ship and bring 'em in that way.

- Dragonfly

Dragonfly: you may have edited the wrong value. get openoffice - it's free-as-in-gratis *and* -as-in-libre and the hacking is a lot easier when you have the column titles.

meanwhile, i hacked my fighters (centurion and stiletto) to have a *little* more upgrade space... but they keep reverting. has anyone else noticed this?

Just a quick thought that seems appropriate to this thread. If you hang on to your current original *.ZIP or *.RAR files, you can always re-estract a fresh copy of whatever file(s) you honk up in your pursuit of modifications. That way, you do not have to wait for some forum-angel to post the file before you can get going again.

This has been a public service announcement.

-thehawk

HELP! I am a n00b to this stuff, LOL

Unregistered said:
if you don't like ships in the game then you can change them!

the coders were nice enough to make this a simple process!
(thanks coders!)

if you want to just change your own ship so as to avoid disruptting the game's plot lines

go to
Privateer\.privateer100\serialized_xml

there you will find a folder with your savegame name a file that permits you to modify your ship how ever you like
(these changes will not affect any other ships in the game)
(always wanted a 20 turrent ship? give it a try! just make sure the turrents are not in the same spot, and ALWAYS make a back up!)

Do not know how you do this, can you explain the procedure as well as how to change the amount of credits you have? Have finished the game and now want to have some fun with changing things some. Please answer here or email me at maloculo@yahoo.com Thanks! :cool:

Back