Mission number two, episode three, man

Quarto said:
(and it's definitely not a matter of luck, since there are people who can reliably win this mission every time they try it)

I find it (killing the Snakier) pretty easy when flying a Gladius actually (Ace difficulty). The hard part is to survive AFTER the kill. You have to be very careful with your burners cause without fuel you are pretty much instantly dead.

Just wondering where I did something wrong as it somewhere was stated that EP 3 had 4 or 5 missions if you won the Episode. Summing it up I rescued the Verdun, killed the Snakeeir and saved 4 of the Clydesdales and thats where the Episode ends. So is that just because I shortened the Episode by killing the carrier or did I do something wrong in EP2?

Zelvik said:
Just wondering where I did something wrong as it somewhere was stated that EP 3 had 4 or 5 missions if you won the Episode. Summing it up I rescued the Verdun, killed the Snakeeir and saved 4 of the Clydesdales and thats where the Episode ends. So is that just because I shortened the Episode by killing the carrier or did I do something wrong in EP2?
Well, like I said (possibly in another thread), Eder was wrong when he said ep. 3 has 4-5 missions... in fact, it has 3-4 missions. The last mission is an emergency capship rescue op, and it only happens if the minefields aren't solid enough - in other words, if you fail to get the mines dropped (or if enough of the minelayers die to significantly affect the mine-dropping effort). You didn't fail, so you won without this last mission. Basically, the last mission is a chance to redeem yourself and still win the episode in spite of failure in the previous mission.

(note: the last mission can also be triggered if you have lost the Verdun... but in that case, even if you win the last mission, you'll still lose the episode overall)

Ijuin said:
Yes, killing a Hakaga is likely going to be like killing the Tiamat dreadnought in the Kilrah system in Prophecy--you'd have to "soften it up" first (maybe kill 50% of turrets and launch bays minimum) and then go for the engines and bridge in a separate mission.
Well, a full wing of Broadswords only managed to damage the forward launch bays of the Tar'vakh in Sirius. Thrakhath ordered it to retreat anyway, but it's not like it was in bad shape at all... so I think the least we can do is take a full wing of Broadswords, count their torpedoes, and make the Hakagas able to resist twice that number of hits. :p

If Confed believed that they could get rid of the Hakagas with just standard torpedo runs, they wouldn't have tried something as crazy as the marine stunt. That's the sort of thing we gotta keep in mind.

wingmen chatter

is there any way to turn off the comments wingmen make they are super annoying, every time I hear that pilot mouth off HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY I want to pull out my hair.

Would it be possible that Bombers fly in Formation, and attack the capship instead of Fighters? I failed this mission 3 times in a Rapier, because they chased fighters isntead of attacking ships, and failed to cover themself witth their turret. Imagine you attack a formation of Broadswords, hell, those guns would really hurt.

I beat the mission on a Gladius, but i don't even know why, my Wingmen cleaned ALL enemies (why can't they do that when i'm flying a rapier?).

Unregistered said:
is there any way to turn off the comments wingmen make they are super annoying, every time I hear that pilot mouth off HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY I want to pull out my hair.

You can select to only play important chatter in the regular WCP/SO options. Duno how much it helps.

When I fly Rapier I bombers bomb and fighters fight! I never bothered with the Gladius as the Rapier is the number 1 ship so far in the campaign with it's decent guns. I completed this mission 1st time with the Rapier (1st time altogether aswell). I actually thought this was one of the easiest missions. The last 1 (where you protect the mine layers) was abit harder but this mission was a walk in the park!

there's a glitich as soon as I bug out after failing to destory the Snakier. and I return to the Firekka the games crashes.

Yeah, I've heard somebody mention that before. It seems to be incredibly rare, though - I've tried replicating the bug myself several times, and never managed to. We'll fix it as soon as we know what causes it, in any case.

Back