Mission Issues

Wendy

Spaceman
I know you can't tell when things are going to go south like this, but. . .

You can't predict when the receiving vessel of a mission isn't going to be there, but it WOULD be nice to have it there when you run the mission.

Once the ship jumped out of system as soon as I jumped in. I mean, I passed the darned thing.

Now, by the look of the cargo in the area, the bleeding thing blew up BEFORE I took the bleeding mission! How unfair can you be? And worse, there are two bases and a planet in the system. Why can't I take the pilot there?

I ought to ensleave the. . . I JUST Started a new game on an easter egg hunt and this is the SECOND mission. 'Snot FAIR!

Anyone like a cracker?
THe fondon't pot is over there.

hellcatv said:
ya I should make rescue missions have priority to take it to a planet I guess---

I think there's something intrinsically wrong with that save. I ran two rescue missions and couldn't complete either. I finally dumped the cargo and am quitting it. I'll send you the files if you think they can help. Otherwise I'll load the new exe and run it.

After the game finishes its crash, I'll send you the files. It didn't like my popping over here. It WAS the older engine

hellcatv said:
sounds like video drivers if alt-tab affects it...but send me those files to be sure

Yeah, I figured, but it went down, right.

I was going to hold off sending you anything until you asked, but when it went up in smoke, YOUR STANDING INSTRUCTIONS are:

Dr. Watson Log and all the derr files. I include the configs so you can see exactly how I'm running it.

I mean, if I did something in the configs that confuses the system, you need to know, right?

But you're right, when I pop in and around my system and that causes the crash, it's usually these jurry rigged drivers.

Doze 2k users and some of the 9x users, if any of you experience a crash, there are times when Hellcat can use your Dr. Watson Logs. Not all versions of 9x have Dr. Watson. Check your help files to see.

Doze 2k users, you'll find the output LOG files for your error logs in

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.WINNT\Documents\DrWatson

If you renamed your windows directory when you installed, substitute the name of your directory here: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users.(Insert The Name of your Doze Directory Here)\Documents\DrWatson

These files are useful in determining what caused or contributed to a hang or crash. ASK before sending them, though.

Doze98-SE has DRWATSON.EXE in the Windows Directory. Doze2k runs it automatically for error reporting, Doze9x useres have to configure it.

Ridgerunner said:
You know, that all may as well have been in a long forgotton obscure language, like Sumerian.

Have we a Linux Egghead?
Or a piece of fruit Mac user?

I have Linux and Doze, but the Linux boxen aren't hot enough for the game.
While I've always wanted to have a FrootLoop box, I never came across one for the right price.

As for Sumarian, I come close with a dead language. I speak Latin. Does that count? I took three years of it in Secondary School.

my iBook only cost 1200 with all the xtras... nowadays it'd cost you around 1100...

as for linux box...if you have a linux box that can run 3d at all I'd really love it if you'd help test my new linux installer... I can pm you the url of the (currently) hidden closed privateer linux beta

New Issue/Quirk/Bug Set:

AGAIN with the Tayla Mission Set:

Mission 3:
Second Brilliance Run.
Destination New Constantinople.

ISSUE 1:
On-Board Mission Computer tells me to go to:
119-CE
XXN-1927
New Constantinople

I go to:
119CE
Junction
New Constantinople.

No Confeds.
No Faction Issues.
No Chase.
Slick, easy, clean run, just like any cargo mission.

You need to bottle up all the entrances with an instant detection at any entrance to New Constantinople.

Either

A). In system:
At New Constantinople itself,
At each jump point inside New Constantinople System

B). Out of system:
At each jump point into New Constantinople System.

Issue 2:
I jumped into Junction and there were Confed ships there. I didn't get scanned.

Mission Completion: YES
I completed the mission CLEAN. I should have bgeen nailed by the Confeds, just like I was by the Millitia on Mission 2, Brilliance Run 1 to Hector. As soon as I jumped in-system I got nailed. No scan, which I think is unsporting, but possible if you take into consideration snitches and all that.

So, you still need to bottle up the mission. That or leave it as an easter egg.

that was an easter egg ;-) but I'm quite willing to change it...
I kinda wanted to allow people who ignored the planned route to avoid patrols...
she may have paid big bribes to let you be avoided by the fuzz...
but the fact is, that the feds heard about 'em and intercepted you anyway

hellcatv said:
that was an easter egg ;-) but I'm quite willing to change it...
I kinda wanted to allow people who ignored the planned route to avoid patrols...
she may have paid big bribes to let you be avoided by the fuzz...
but the fact is, that the feds heard about 'em and intercepted you anyway

As an easter egg it works. I like the reward for out of the box thinkers

Not to mention the fact that you can't get the extra 25 cargo space with the hidden compartment. It seems a fair trade.

Well, getting past Kroiz was a bit more difficult. . .

Better.
More asteroids, no way I could sap in and out like I did before, and almost as challenging as in the original game. MUCH better.

The original also had a stiletto, not a Demon, but I understand the reason for the change.

Much better. I actually banged my armour and hull to hell and back. AND you have to manage on shields till you either get to the mining facility or out of system. GOOD.

Back