Mission 7

culler

Spaceman
I must be really crap, but I can't get past NAV 3 in Mission 7, where you get those weird buoys that jam your controls, and this is only in Ace mode :(

One wingman automatically gets killed, so you're left with just the 1, which doesn't last long anyway, I can't get enough ships down before dying, and I can't seem to destroy any of the buoys.

I tried firing the full complement of the Scimitar's DFs into the first buoy you face, the one right in front of you before the wingman dying cutscene, and it remained intact :(

Any hints besides "find the right jamming buoy and destroy it" ?

Err yeah, I've read that thread already, I thought that would be evident from my post. :rolleyes:

It doesn't say anything more than what I've already posted, "find the right buoy and kill it".

How do I find the right buoy, I can't guess it, not enough time, I can't seem to destroy the first one even with 4 dumbfires.

Until your wingman dies, the buoy is invulnerable... sorry, but it was kinda necessary :p. After that, the buoys are easy to kill. As I recall, it takes a DF followed by a few gunshots to finish it off.

Originally posted by Quarto
Until your wingman dies, the buoy is invulnerable... sorry, but it was kinda necessary :p. After that, the buoys are easy to kill. As I recall, it takes a DF followed by a few gunshots to finish it off.

I still think that it is easier to first finish all enemies...
Just press the "target closest enemy" key until you get one in sight. Turn to him and don't let him get out of sight. Repeat. Concentrate on the Manas first.

Originally posted by Quarto

Ah, that explains a lot. I tend to try to keep my wingmen alive as long as possible, so I was wondering what was wrong.

Ah that explains so much Quarto. I managed to finally single out the correct buoy, though I had to cheat a little, by flying a "test mission" with invulnerability. But then I still couldn't work out why, targeting it and burning to it before the cutscene, and firing like crazy, it wouldn't die. Then after the cutscene finishes, you're like no where near the buoy you just burned to. Doh!

Anyhow, I finally managed to finish it, woohoo.

After the cutscene, I look on the radar for the "highest" (i.e. closest to the top of the circle) grey dot, fly towards it, and destroy it. It so happens that is the correct buoy everytime.

Mind you, I only mean the one that dies a scripted death. Edge can make it through the fight, though usually she ejects pretty fast ;).

Ah, that mission had me stumped for a long while. Basically, I saves up all my missiles and thrusters for it, and when the buggers hit; just burned and slid around like crazy.

I ended up frying each and every bug shooting at me without sustaining too much damage, using only missiles, then helped Edge out by frying the ones around her with remaining missiles/guns. I didn't know if I'd got them all though, coz I was still getting taunted :p

Speaking of taunts... the 'Ahhh.. stuff you!' always cracks me up. :)

Back