Missing Cutscenes Recovered from German Prophecy Discs (October 28, 2023)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
Pretty neat discovery by AD: the German dub of Wing Commander Prophecy includes two post-mission attaboys that aren’t present in the English release!

They are both included in the shooting script and the schedule! It’s not some giant missing piece but it’s pretty neat to see more of
Ginger’s Rachel… even if she’s speaking German! Yes we are adding the entire German dub to Holovids! You can learn more here and here.

--
Original update published on October 28, 2023

Actually, those cutscenes DO exist in the English version as well - as I recall, however, it was only available on one of the disks (the third disk...?).

Ages ago, I tried to rewrite the WCP campaign script to incorporate these additional cutscenes into the system. I was up to my neck in Standoff at the time, however, so when I found that the changes I made for some reason weren't working properly, I abandoned the project "for later", which ultimately never happened.

Actually, those cutscenes DO exist in the English version as well - as I recall, however, it was only available on one of the disks (the third disk...?).

Ages ago, I tried to rewrite the WCP campaign script to incorporate these additional cutscenes into the system. I was up to my neck in Standoff at the time, however, so when I found that the changes I made for some reason weren't working properly, I abandoned the project "for later", which ultimately never happened.
Hmm, double checking my CDs... Somewhere along the way I guess it was assumed that movies.tre was the same on each disk since they're supposed to be the generic/common videos

There's definitely missing on the DVD

EDIT: Yup, there they are on CD3... Thanks!

Last edited:
Back