Midway, Murphy, Durango and others

Starman©

Spaceman
Hey there,

since Wedge did some work in providing me with images a while back, I thought the least I could do is to show the results before they only lie around on my HD :) Since I'm currently doing a break on WingCommander I wanted to show some other models too, it will take a while before I maybe give them a texture job (if ever)

Here in this thread you can find the images, the capships are pretty high poly, especially the midway, but I'm pretty proud of that one, my biggest and most polycount model sofar :)

http://www.hard-light.net/forums/index.php?topic=71822.0

Midway : I took the model here on CIC as reference for some scaling. After doublechecking with the ingame model, I saw that I made the bridge nose to big. But I like it that way, so I left it. Also while rendering I accidently moved the connectorpart between both wings, so don't mind if it looks a little strange, it's not correctly centered.

Murphy : Mostly close to the original, I just gave it more armament to fit it's destroyer role better. I'm also pretty proud on this model

Durango : Tried to stay close to original model, including hangar. But I wanted to break up the hull a little, and added therefore two additional engines on the forward armes and some other greebles

Tarawa : My own interpretation. Supposed to be a pirate cruiser with special weaponry. Also I changed the bridgetower to something more like WC3, because I totally dislike the tower style in the WC2 ships. No hangar modelled yet though

The fighters are free for give away if anyone is interested and wants to texture them. Technically the capships too, but some of the greebles are not my doing, so I might change it a little before releasing. If someone is interested, contact me.

Hope you like it.

Cheers
Starman©

Oh cool. Very nice work, I especially like that midway. Makes me want to build a scale model. Looks really "hugeh" like it should be.

Also my banshee was noted in this thread. Woo!:cool:

I really hope the author releases them as modders resource. He has WCSAGA in his signature, maybe it'll even end up there.

it seems a shame they'd just sit on your HDD.. you could perhaps share them for an ambitious modder.

The fighters are free for give away if anyone is interested and wants to texture them. Technically the capships too, but some of the greebles are not my doing, so I might change it a little before releasing. If someone is interested, contact me.

'nough said :) There is already someone starting work on the fighters (banshee i think) I will not say who because I do not want to spoil the suprise. Since he is very talented, I expect something very cool :)

Those models are not related to WCS, it was just a fun side project of myself, mostly because I wanted to see them redone anyway (especially the midway)

Back