Message From Admiral Towlyn (August 1, 2004)

Cpl Hades

Mr. Kat
Typing errors are one of those things that you have to put up with on the internet, but most of us expect more of a multi-million dollar movie. But how did the message from Admiral Towlyn slip past without anyone involved in the movie noticing? Fans spotted the error straight away, but now thanks to Cyberion we actually have a screenshot of the error. And what the heck is that "Sent:" date supposed to mean?

towlyn.jpg

--
Original update published on August 1, 2004

Last edited by a moderator:
The 2115 is the military time. I'm not sure what the 23 refers to - possibly the elapsed time.

Wow, I actually missed that typo myself. Only saw the movie a couple of times though. I would have thought the 'sent' numbers only represented some sort of serial or ID number. But if it's a date, then it's date. :shrug:

I noticed it when I first saw the movie, and for around the first half of the movie they refer to Tolwyn as "Towlyn" and as the movie goes by, they eventually refer to him as "Tolwyn" again. It's not only the spelling errors, even the actors call him Towlyn in the first half.

I think you're forcing yourself to hear something that isn't there - the script says Tolwyn throughout. Post production art like this "typo" were done later on... and that's where the error originates from.

Well the subtitles say its "Towlyn" for the first half of the movie and then it goes to Tolwyn, maybe I am forcing myself to hear it, as I havent seen the movie for a bit.

Well, I'm pretty sure Paladin does say Tolwyn ("From Admiral Tol-wyn", actually.); he may be the only one who does say it correctly in the first half. I'd noticed the mis-pronuciation, but never that spelling error.

Never noticed that before....how did they let that slip like that? Or maybe like some movies they left it there on purpose as a blooper for hardcore fans to find?

Back