memorable (or not so Memorable) 21st Birthdays

Viper61

Spaceman
In honor of Hades making the crossover into adulthood (manhood?) I'm going to start a thread asking everyone for stories of their 21st birthday's. Be it spending quality time with the significant other or curled up wretching in a ditch somewhere let's hear about it so Hades can have some stories to try to emulate or top :).

Mine started when I and a group of 15 freinds went down to our local sports bar to watch our Razorbacks get completely embarrassed by Georgetown in the 1st round of the 2001 NCAA tournament. It was actually a good game, but we really didn't care because throughout the game we somehow put down 32 pitchers of the cool, frosty stuff (for those keeping score at home thats over 2 apiece) along with multiple mixed drinks. After paying a $500 tab we went to our favorite local bar and everyone began matching shots with me, needless to say after 3-4 Jager shots and a 3 wise men I couldn't feel my extremities. One of my friends gave me a ride to my dorm and she walked me to my room and somehow got me to lay down. About an hour later I woke up and somehow made my way down 3 flights of stairs to my friend Mike's room and he subsequently called our friends Courtney and Matt down to drink a little more and laugh at the drooling me until I somehow ended up passed out on Courtney's Footon and woke up the next morning with the worst hangover I've ever had. I got a call from my friends and Matt, Mike, Courtney and her friend pretty much tortured me through breakfast.
That's my story. Not real exciting but it's the only time I've ever gotten that drunk. I'm a big drink in moderation type guy. Moderation went out the window on my 21st, as it should with everyones!
I look forward to reading everyone elses 'horror stories' and see what hades will have to live up to ;)

C-ya

No horror stories here, bub:

On my 21st, I went around campus that day gathering kisses from various willing & attractive females, ending up with - you guessed it - 21 kisses from 21 various aforementioned females. Quite memorable. Later that night I went out with a female friend for drinks (an attractive but unfortunately not romantically inclined woman :( , else I'd've ended up with 22 or more kisses that day...).

I'm still not sure why Hades is supposed to care, especially, about his 21st birthday...

I got drunk. Sorry, that's about all I remember. There was something about a fight, but I can't quite recall.

Originally posted by TC
I'm still not sure why Hades is supposed to care, especially, about his 21st birthday...
Sorry, here in the states its kindof a right of passage since that's the drinking age in most states. I don't know where he's from but hey, drinking is the first thing I thought of when I saw someone turning 21.

C-ya

I think on my 21st birthday we played a 5 way game of Command & Conquer Generals in #Wingnut.

In the UK the drinking age is 18.

I had to work on my 21st birthday, but that night I went to a pub and had dinner with my family.

The only advantage to me getting to 21 is that I'll be able to drink in the US legally. Though that hasn't stopped me on my previous visits.

Seriously, getting to 21 will be more depressing than anything else. I won't be doing anything special to mark the occasion.

Originally posted by Manic
I got drunk. Sorry, that's about all I remember. There was something about a fight, but I can't quite recall.
"Something about a fight"?....Puh-leeze.

I pose to you these questions to help your "recall":

--Were all yer favorite body parts still attached?...
--Were they all still working at their previous level of function?...
--Any dried blood noticeable, or any other specific body fluids?...
--Any new aches/pains/bruises anywhere?...
--Any noticeable globs of Vaseline anywhere?...
--Any gaping wounds (or new orifices) where previously was intact flesh?...

I suggest if your answers were anything other than yes/yes/no/no/no/no, that might be cause for futher investigation... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
The only advantage to me getting to 21 is that I'll be able to drink in the US legally. Though that hasn't stopped me on my previous visits.

Seriously, getting to 21 will be more depressing than anything else. I won't be doing anything special to mark the occasion.

Wait, are you saying that there'll be... NO GAY ASS BIRTHDAY PARTIES?

(Last year was my 21st birthday... had a party with my family... ate a lot of cheeseburgers and spinach pie... didn't do any drinking... played some WC3:3DO.)

I'm just under nine months younger than you, assuming we're both telling the truths on our CZ profiles.

Originally posted by Cpl Hades
Yes, I did the same 9 months ago and I feel old :D But then again I've always felt old. Perhaps I should have a 22nd/21st "I never had".

I took an exam on my 21st.

And Manic's story is as it should be. Only a wuss would remember details. Unless of course you got that drunk on just a few drinks ...

Back