Meeting up on Xbox Live

sirjorj

Rear Admiral
Hi. I got an Xbox 360 a month or two ago and I am just starting to explore the online gaming side of it. What is the best way to hook up with other gamers here? Is there a list of gamertags somewhere or should I just glean through posts and add the names I see on cards to my friends list? When Wing Commander Arena comes out, we will certainly try to get as many fans from here playing as possible. I was just wondering the best way to do this.

jorj

-------------------------

Edit: For the list of gamertags associated with Crius.net users, visit https://www.wcnews.com/gamertags/

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been adding CIC people for a while now slowly, but surely, although I'm sure once Arena comes out most of us will see each other's gamertags on Arena consistently. So, I'm not sure if it's worth waiting or just going through threads in this forum and adding them that way. Seems like a matter of convinience more than anything.

EDIT:

There is also this thread from a while back with people listing their gamertags.

Here is an automatically generated directory of all the gamertags registered through the CIC: https://www.wcnews.com/gamertags/

I don't know about other people, but feel free to contact me whenever I'm on XBL. I'm happy to talk about Wing Commander anytime, or play whatever game we might share (until Arena arrives, anyway).

Perhaps it is time to start organizing squadrons for Arena, though! Does someone want to take the lead on that?

Last edited by a moderator:
A big question I have is if Arena has built-in squadron creation and meeting systems or is that something we need to handle ourselves from the CIC?

Damn. I was hoping it might of had a clan system to Halo2 or the like. Oh well. We'll have to figure something out.

It doesn't look like Arena has clan support, but with the new system update that came out this week, the 360 does have enhanced friend support specifically for Arcade games. http://www.xbox.com/en-US/community/news/2007/0408-im.htm

Ranked scoreboards are now easier to call up, there's a screen just for seeing your friends playing Arcade games, and your friends will display differently when they're in an Arcade game that has available slots for you to join.

I used to be in an X-wing vs. TIE Fighter\ X-Wing Alliance squadron over at darkjedi.com. It was a lot of fun. I bet a WC squadron will be 10 times more fun though. Man I can't wait for this game to come out!

I haven't played much online yet but if anyone wants to add me add me or play one of the games I've got just yell. I'm game.

I was away the first week this game released so I think I missed most of the online activity. It's pretty hard to get matches going these days.

Anyone still playing please feel free to send me an invite, friend's request or message. I'll try adding some of you guys too.

I was away the first week this game released so I think I missed most of the online activity. It's pretty hard to get matches going these days.

Anyone still playing please feel free to send me an invite, friend's request or message. I'll try adding some of you guys too.

We all play pretty regularly, drop by #wingnut and ask if anybody is already playing or wants too. You can almost always convince one of us to jump in for a few matches.

I just signed up for xbox live yesterday and downloaded arena. I was able to jump in to a few matches and get the feel of the game against random people who were there. I didn't recognize any of the names of other players, but that could of been because you have different gamertags than your screen names here or you were in a different match. I'd love to meet up with some of you sometime in a team match or free for all, so if you want, please add me to your friends list on xbox live.

I just signed up for xbox live yesterday and downloaded arena. I was able to jump in to a few matches and get the feel of the game against random people who were there. I didn't recognize any of the names of other players, but that could of been because you have different gamertags than your screen names here or you were in a different match. I'd love to meet up with some of you sometime in a team match or free for all, so if you want, please add me to your friends list on xbox live.

Hey, I added you to my friend's list. I should be online this afternoon if you want to get some matches going!

Join in on the fun

Well I finally got a 360, and I had to get Arena. I was just wondering if there is a set time or if I can add some folks as friends. My gamertag is DirtyDave1833.

Saturday night (EST) seems to have become the de facto time. Swing into #wingnut when you feel like playing. I'm sure a few of us will join in as well.

I also wouldn't mind meeting up with some CICers for other games as well. I know a lot of us own Halo 3, so we could have some great custom games if people were interested.

XBL is such a great service and we shouldn't limit our gameplay to just one game. I always enjoy playing with people I know instead of just randoms.

I was extending an invite for CICers to link up and play H3 together. Not sure how you didn't catch that.

Halo 3 is fine for me too. I totally agree its better to play with some people you know then random people also there have been some custom games I've been wanting to try with a large group of people.

Back