McDowell as Prince Bolkovsky

Zelvik

Rear Admiral
Malcolm McDowell will be in the upcoming TV-Miniseries "War and Peace" that is currently under production. Have not found a release date yet but the Miniseries is set to air in 2007 in several involved European countries (the series is a coop. production of several public TV channels across the EU and Russia).

Some short facts though I have heard contradictory claims on Austrian and German TV, it is the largest ever European TV production with either 1200 (German claim) or 15.000 (Austrian claim) extras.

heh yeh being in a game does! Thats why C&C and WC3 are so great! RL actors... How i wish people actually had them in games these days.

It's iMdb :)

and in the book it's definitely Bolkonski.

Isn't he a bit too old for the part? or is he playing the old dying father Bolkonski?

The funny part is that "Bolkonsky" is not a real russian name, Tolstoy made it up, based on the actual name Volkonsky.

Maybe it was a fictional name that eventually turned into a real name when real people started using it. According to the ever-useful wikipedia, there's a guy who changed his name to Optimus Prime, so now it's a real name.

Actually, what I meant is that it's dead easy to make up a name without actually knowing that it already exists, and particularly in the case of a name like this one, which basically takes a noun and turns it into an adjective.

Back