Mcauliffe

Ches Penny was only involved in one of the incidents.It sounds like you are confused with the Mcauliffe/Enyo incidents instead of the the two Mcauliffe incidents.To respond to another topic,the incidents from the books are mentioned in various timelines and manuels of the games.While this has no bearing on the matter,Chris Roberts,I believe,once said that he liked the books.

I can pretty much assure you that nobody on the Dev team(s) for the games (specifically WC4, WCP & SO) ever consider (or was told) that the books are cannon..

It’s certainly understandable that an artist would like to have the last word on how his or her original work is adapted and/or presented over time. But most artwork tends to take on a life of its own, especially when other artists have or are given the formal right to interpret or expand upon it. In the end, the totality of the art, not the “original intent” of one or more of the artists, is what defines the art’s scope (and in the case of WC, the canon).

"The reason truth is so much stranger than fiction is because there is no requirement for it to be consistant" - Mark Twain

Having said that, I doubt whether all the little inconsistancies in WC are there because the writers wanted to screw with our heads... :eek:

Originally posted by RATM
bookshops ring a bell? not everyone is over 18 and has parents that aren't afraid of the internet
- You don't necessarily need to be 18 to get a credit card, not everywhere.
- Ask a friend to buy them for you.
- eBay

Speaking of which, have we ever determined Kruger's actual first name? Hans or Max? :D

I think we decided that he changed his first name from Hans to Max (or was it the other way round?) for some reason.

Nothings wrong with it. It's just that one of the novels (False Colors I believe) change his first name.

Back