Master of Orion

Note about MoO2:KW

1. The ships dont seem to have the same stats as the game.
2. The antarans NEVER seem to attack.
3. The galaxy map doesnt seem to match the WC maps.
4. You can only research a certain amount of technologies in the game.

BTW, it seems that i dont have the patch and yet it works perfectly fine with me...

The stats are different from WC games because of the limits MOO2 places on the ships. The Antarans aren't defined at all (I used an editor to look). The map is different because of the limited number of systems that can be on a map (tho, I agree it does look like a lot of systems aren't in the right place). A lot of technology is already researched. Continue research in areas that say pure research, in the next turn it will bring you up to the next field that needs research.

Did you notice that the humans seem unbalanced? I think the Kilrathi have too many major advatages.

The Firekkan have no population either (it's made entirely from androids). They do seem to really do anything 'cept sit there and steal tech.

I personally love the Master of Orion games. They're both great. The only real complaint I have with the games is the 'huge' map setting is still too small, and you can't really make a Carrier type ship. You can try, but it will usually be a sitting duck that gets blasted right away. The games seem a bit too much 'big ship kills all' - oriented, as opposed to Wing Commanders 'fighters kill all' orientation. But the games are still great though.

Originally posted by Hoops
The stats are different from WC games because of the limits MOO2 places on the ships. The Antarans aren't defined at all (I used an editor to look).

Never saw the antarans in the scenario, so i dunno...

The map is different because of the limited number of systems that can be on a map (tho, I agree it does look like a lot of systems aren't in the right place).

Well, i know about that limitation.....

A lot of technology is already researched. Continue research in areas that say pure research, in the next turn it will bring you up to the next field that needs research.

Alot, but not all. You see, there are some things that you still cannot research regardless. I think its a little bit of a rip of IMHO.

Did you notice that the humans seem unbalanced? I think the Kilrathi have too many major advatages.

Agreed there!

The Firekkan have no population either (it's made entirely from androids). They do seem to really do anything 'cept sit there and steal tech.

I never knew the entire firekkan race were androids...
they just sat there cause of everything going around them and not alot of area to expand... BTW, try and keep them alive cause they can research EVERY tech, like a normal game.

Ive also noticed that sometimes the enemy goes for gunships or tiny-one-interceptor-carrying frigates later in-game instead of the way they were before.

But still, tis a nice scenario... cant wait until MoO3 comes out... when i get it, im gonna wait until some modding tools come out for THAT one... :D

You didn't see the Antarans, because they can't appear.

I don't know how some of the tech can't be researched. In all the editors I've seen you can't take tech out. Unless he hacked it out himself...

You can't tell that Firekkans are only androids from the game, but I've been trying to rebalance the scenerio and when I looked at the Firekkans, they had only androids and no pop.

It's really hard to rebalance the game. I change something and then still get my butt kicked. One thing is that the Kilrathi seem to have an overabundance of fighters. And fighters are reeeeeeeeally adept at not dieing and making other stuff die. Arg!

Back