Marines

Sgt_thomson

Spaceman
Hi there. I was wondering if anybody could tell me how many marines a troop ship could handle? I was also wondering what kind of weapons they used? Also do most Confed cap ships have a detachment of marines onboard? Any help would be great thanks.

The Hercules class, I'm fairly sure thats what its called, the one that transports the Marines from Prophecy, carries 60 Marines I'm fairly sure.

Not sure on other vessels, but check with the other chaps around, they know it all. :)

Cheers,

Hi there. I was wondering if anybody could tell me how many marines a troop ship could handle?

The Bangor-type troopships seen in End Run carried 20 landing craft plus heavy weapons support craft. Each landing craft carried a company of 100 Marines and two M-77 light ground assault vehicles.

The Drayman-class Marine Transports in Secret Missions 2 carried 150 marines.

I don't think numbers are ever given for Prophecy's Hercules-class ships, but we may be able to logic it out. The Midway was designed for a 1,500 man Marine Expeditionary Unit... but at the time of Prophecy, Col. Dekker's actual command was three companies (300 men). They were then transferred to the TCS Cerberus in Secret Ops, which deployed them using two Hercules' -- which suggests that a Hercules LC carries 150 marines.

The camoflaged WC4 box shuttles ("assault lander") carried a company of marines (100 men). The rounded ones later in the game each carry a squad (12 marines or so).

I was also wondering what kind of weapons they used?

There's a good thread about that here: http://www.crius.net/zone/showthread.php?t=18885&highlight=marines

Also do most Confed cap ships have a detachment of marines onboard?

Carriers do, at the very least.

I don't think numbers are ever given for Prophecy's Hercules-class ships, but we may be able to logic it out. The Midway was designed for a 1,500 man Marine Expeditionary Unit... but at the time of Prophecy, Col. Dekker's actual command was three companies (300 men). They were then transferred to the TCS Cerberus in Secret Ops, which deployed them using two Hercules' -- which suggests that a Hercules LC carries 150 marines.

I am more wondering because its 65 metres long, but is fairly chunky, if it would actually be able to fit 150 Marines, plus pilots on board.

Of course, I can be wrong. :)

Lord-Flasheart said:
I am more wondering because its 65 metres long, but is fairly chunky, if it would actually be able to fit 150 Marines, plus pilots on board.

Of course, I can be wrong. :)

well do these marine transports have barracks in them? or are they simply like APC's in space?

Back