Marines - new meaning to clean up crew ??

bw_dave

Spaceman
Marines - new meaning to "clean-up crew" ??

Is it just me, or do the marines in WCP fly around in a rather large dustbuster ??

I mean that marine shuttle must have been modelled off the famous mini vacuum-cleaner. Its even got the handle at the back !

I expect an in depth discussion on the dimensions of the marine shuttle compared to a dustbuster. I expect someone to post some exact measurements of the dustbuster they have at home, followed by a proportional analysis of these and the dimensions of the marine shuttle (provided by LOAF of course).

Or at least a simple "Wow man you are so observant !! You must be some kind of genius or something !"

Ok so I don't really know what sort of response I want. Its late here in Oz, ok? Think I better head to bed before I post anything even more pointless :)

Yeah, seems to be a good idea, going to bed (for you).
And for your sake, so that you will sleep just fine:

"Wow man you are so observant !! You must be some kind of genius or something !" ;)

Pah, daylight saving ends today, so you get an extra hour to roam the CZ. :) Actually, I'm getting a bit sleepy too, despite waking up late.

Regarding the LC, I read about the resemblance to a Dusterbuster at Navpoint - some site associated with Locke, I can't remember where. Anyway, they had a list of reasons of diagnosing addiction to WCP, and thinking a Dusterbuster was a Marine LC was one of them. Among others where waiting for the 'auto' light when driving, 'autosliding' while walking, and pressing 'C' before communicating with people. :) Well, I thought it was funny...

Hercules LC stats...
Length = 65 meters
Width = 18 meters
Height = 13 meters
Mass = 88 tonnes

Originally posted by Wedge009

Regarding the LC, I read about the resemblance to a Dusterbuster at Navpoint - some site associated with Locke, I can't remember where. Anyway, they had a list of reasons of diagnosing addiction to WCP, and thinking a Dusterbuster was a Marine LC was one of them. Among others where waiting for the 'auto' light when driving, 'autosliding' while walking, and pressing 'C' before communicating with people. :) Well, I thought it was funny...

I don't suppose you have a link for navpoint do you? I'd like to look at that. Some of those lists (as Stormin said) are pretty darn funny.

Its sad to see I wasn't the first to notice it ... maybe I'm not some sort of genius after all :)

I forgot about daylight savings Wedge ... now I'm up an hour earlier than usual for a Sunday !

Oh and thanks for the stats LOAF - I knew you'd come up with the goods :)

Now all we need are some dustbuster stats !

I couldn't find that list of signs you've played too much WC... maybe we should start one up here. Or would that risk the wrath of the moderators ??

It'd be pretty easy - there's so many obviously kooky things about transfering WC to real life.

You can NEVER play too much WC.

Don't you all agree we should leave it at that? :)

And yes, it does look like a Heavy Duty dustbuster. 80000x more powerful!

I believe its the latest Secret Weapon...now instead of blowing up planets, we suck them up a la Spaceballs.

Back