map?

pons

Spaceman
Is there one and where can I find it?
I mean an inflight map whith all the sectors and connexions between them, and a map I can print to consult.
Thankyou in advance
sebastian pons

https://www.wcnews.com/maps/sectors/gemini.png

Has the systems added in the game (Beta, Gamma, Delta, Delta Prime), the system added in the addon (Eden) and the unmarked jump point (Eden-Rikel)... but it also has the 'out sector' jumps and the 'Gemini System' (which isn't in Privateer).

Last edited by a moderator:
Question. In WCR you cannot jump from Troy to Pollux. Is this a bug or correct? Some maps include the jump some dont. Thank you.

PS. What is the story about Delta, Beta, Gama, and Delta Prime?

Im trying to make a sort of log book. Ill be making maps, sector / sub sector / and system. Including places to make notes, comodity prices, etc... When I am done Ill PDF it and share :)

Also I don't want this to be a cheat book. So what information would you sugest I include? I am deffinately including all the info on the classic gaming map (with fixes) because I figure that the jump routes would be well maped by the privateer timeline and just about anyone can pick up a Rand McNally at any weigh station, for a negligible price. What else would you include in a nav map/log?

http://home.iprimus.com.au/Wedge009/Priv/Bases.html
That is the original Privateer in-game map; I don't think there is any arguing with it.

To buy maps in the Remake, go to the ship dealer, the enter the upgrades room, then enter the software booth. Maps of each quadrant are available, as well as all 4 for a discount. Be aware that there is a bug in the Reamke right now that doesn't prevent you from buying maps over and over and over. So don't do that.

In the original you also upgraded your scanner in the software booth. In the Remake you do this in the upgrades room.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! :) That is just what I was looking for. Now I know why people keep making that troy-pollux mistake. And Delta, Beta, Gama, and Delta Prime were included in the orginal map. I was always a fan of doing things the hard way with paper and pencil and such. Takes the fun out if there isn't some challenge. Anyone interested in a log book? Any advice in what could/should be included? Think of it like a D&D style character sheet, atlas, log, and hint book rolled into one.

The original game 'added' the other systems as you played through -- when you explored a new system it'd be added to your map.

An 'in-universe' logbook would be very cool! Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Thank you for all your answers, but I still have 2 probs

I need to know if there is a way to access an inflight map during the game (I found something similar using shift+M)

And a way to revise mission's parameters inflight.

Thank you again
sebastian pons

Shift+M brings up the in-flight computer. You can see a map and your status with other factions.

You cannot revise a mission's parameters, as those parameters are not up to you; they are up to whoever is paying you to complete their assignment.

Back