Manual question

Duke

Spaceman
Are there any plans to put the WCP Gold manual online?
It's impossible to buy Prophecy Gold when you are living in Austria (not because we haven't a post office ;) - nobody is shipping to europe).
Any plans for the KS manual too?

Oh come on - I got all parts of WC in German (expect WC2) and English. And with one exception (WC4DVD - which wasn't impossible, but quite expensive) everything was easily shipped to Austria. A credit card is highly recommended however.
If you are talking E-Bay then I suggest to ask the sellers. While 90% of Americans write they only ship to Northern America, almost everyone will ship here when asked.

Search e-bay or amazon. I found only one WCP gold WITH the manual and he won't ship to europe. I recently bought the WC1 and WC2 manual without this problems. Weeks later i found out that the manuals are already online :rolleyes:

If you contact the seller and ask him if he'll ship to Europe anyway, most will say yes. Prophecy Gold is a bit rarer than regular Prophecy, so you may want to tell eBay to automatically alert you when one is listed.

Incidentally there's one on www.half.com right now for $20. You can log into half with your ebay ID, it's pretty much one and the same.

Thanks.
After all this years it would be nice to play SO with sound. Is the gold manual much more differnt?

KrisV said:
If you contact the seller and ask him if he'll ship to Europe anyway, most will say yes. Prophecy Gold is a bit rarer than regular Prophecy, so you may want to tell eBay to automatically alert you when one is listed.
Incidentally there's one on www.half.com right now for $20. You can log into half with your ebay ID, it's pretty much one and the same.

Does half.com ship to Europe now? Last I checked they didn't. Or is it a matter of asking like for E-Bay.

Duke said:
Thanks.
After all this years it would be nice to play SO with sound.

If you got the episode file from the web release you don't need WCPGold for that. You can still download the main file and the speech addon.

Duke said:
Is the gold manual much more differnt?

Unless you are a collector it is really irrelevant. It includes the updated ships from SO and a bit more other stuff, but really not worth it. If you menage to get the UK version you will also get a universe map.

cff said:
If you got the episode file from the web release you don't need WCPGold for that. You can still download the main file and the speech addon.
That's the problem. A big file download with ISDN is a bit expensive. I have only the start package from a gamestar cd and the episodes. The cd is in a bad condition (some files are damaged -> no speech, hang up during cut scene,...).
cff said:
Unless you are a collector it is really irrelevant. It includes the updated ships from SO and a bit more other stuff, but really not worth it. If you menage to get the UK version you will also get a universe map.
A different universe map then in the german edition?

cff said:
Does half.com ship to Europe now? Last I checked they didn't. Or is it a matter of asking like for E-Bay.

Half and Ebay are one and the same company

LeHah said:
Half and Ebay are one and the same company

Actually, eBay, an auction site, created/owns Half.com, a "retail" site- sort of a spinoff from the original concept. The sellers at Half.com tend to be a bit more liberal with their shipping policies than the ones you'll find at eBay. Plus, there is no bidding at Half.com when you make a purchase- you simply decide you want something and buy it.

Duke said:
That's the problem. A big file download with ISDN is a bit expensive. I have only the start package from a gamestar cd and the episodes. The cd is in a bad condition (some files are damaged -> no speech, hang up during cut scene,...).

Know noone with a flat rate?
Where in Austria do you live? I suppose I could send you a CD with the downloaded files (expect the episodes of course) if you cover the costs.
mail me at karl@karl.frank.name

Duke said:
A different universe map then in the german edition?

No. But I also wanted an English version of said map.

cff said:
Know noone with a flat rate?
Only at work and my boss isn't very happy when I'm downloading more than 10 MB.
cff said:
Where in Austria do you live? I suppose I could send you a CD with the downloaded files (expect the episodes of course) if you cover the costs.
mail me at karl@karl.frank.name
Lower Austria. The problem is that I havent't the episodes. I have only the old gamestar cd and a cd with the copy of the SO directory after I installed the main package and all episodes (i know, that wasn't a good idea).
Because I'm also interested on the gold munual I have to buy the gold version.

cff said:
(...)

Buhu, I was so unlucky: I got regular WCP (UK version I think) and WCP Gold (US version) and neither one came with a map. :(

Is the gold manual only on one of the 4 cd's?
Because ervery time when i found a ebay WCP gold auction, the manual isn't included.

My Wing Commander scanning limit (4,800 pages) has been met for this month.

Also, I don't want to bend up my Prophecy Gold manual.

The EA Bundle I got WC:pG in came with a disc that had all the documentation - but when I looked, it was basicly just a PDF of the controls and keyboard.

Back