Maniac's reaction to end of WCP?

Originally posted by Col.Dom

Good point. It would have been nice to see the oldies for one last time. They didn't get very good closure, IMHO....

Who would they have shown? Rachel and Maniac were the only two old-timers left on-board the Midway. I know I was about ready to drop-kick Rachel out the airlock by the end of the game, and while it might have been nice to see Maniac, he spent the whole game as a fish out of water.

Originally posted by panther
It would definately have been sarcastic.

I think Maniac would have missed Blair. He probably thought of Blair as a friend (and possibly as the only person who could compete with him;) ), compared to all the other pilots who he thought of as his fans:D
or it might be he thought of blair as a brother.

Originally posted by Hamlet
That or Tom Wilson was just improving, or trying to mess Mark up. I remember reading somewhere that Malcom McDowell used to do that to Mark when he was still doing Wing Commander games.

Tom Wilson and Malcolm McDowell use to try and make Mark Hamill snap when he was doing a line. I remember reading that McDowell use to keep his face just out of the camera and keep saying "I love you" over and over, very passionately, into Hamill's ear during certain scenes.

Hamill did get his revenge. After coming home from dinner one night, Hamill found a very, very obscene message on his answering machine from McDowell. Hamill had taken a lower salary and a wider percentage of the game's profits (Since, according to Hamill, WC3 had a 30 Million opening day, he made more in his overall cut of the game then his base fee.)

I'll have to find the cassette tape I got this all on; Hamill made a guest appearance on Z100 the same day he went to the Virgin Mega Store to promote WC4's release with a signing.

Originally posted by junior
Who would they have shown? Rachel and Maniac were the only two old-timers left on-board the Midway.
Captain Wilford, Colonel Dekker... I suppose they saved the mourning for the funeral/memorial service in Sol.

Originally posted by LeHah
I remember reading that McDowell use to keep his face just out of the camera and keep saying "I love you" over and over, very passionately, into Hamill's ear during certain scenes.
I remember reading that here. I just find it funny how McDowell was always serious on-screen, and then mucked about off-screen. :)

Originally posted by Wedge009
I remember reading that here. I just find it funny how McDowell was always serious on-screen, and then mucked about off-screen. :)
Geniuses are always excentric... :D

Except Dennis Hopper, who admited he was exactly like his character in Blue Velvet...

"Baby... Baby loves blue velvet..."

::hides::

He portrayed Feyd-Rautha, so he made a good work, looking psycho and all, not like the *New Age* Sting that really sucks

Back