Maniac's reaction to end of WCP?

Torpedonut

Spaceman
I was thinking. What do you think Maniac's reaction was to Blair's death at the end of WCP. I have this inexplicable feeling that he
was dancing around Pilot Country celebrating the event.

BTW. I have seen the part in WCP where Maniac and Blair have their last (heard) discussion, several times.

Maniac: Just like old times.

Blair: That's what I was afraid of.

Maniac: (Mouths something, my skills at lip reading are almost non-existant.)

What did Maniac say (or mouth, if you want to get technical) in that last line. All I could decipher was 'you' What did y'all see?

He might get depressed because Blair was his rival and with no competition Maniac might become a wash-out or die in battle.

They were friends... Um... I think he'd be rather crushed at his death. They went through countless insane events that should have killed them both. They even went through the academy together...

I agree with you TC, Maniac was probably bawling his eyes out or getting depressed and totally drunk when he found out that Blair had died.
What do you think he mouthed in that last conversation with Blair.

I'm sure it was a dark day for Maniac when he heard the news.

I don't know what he mouthed, either....

Originally posted by Ghost
he would be very sad in Blair´s funeral

Speaking of which, Blair's funeral in WC3 would show a pretty hurt and upset Maniac.

Tom Wilson is such an incredible actor :D

Soma, why the HECK would Maniac mouth THAT to Blair.
It doesn't seem in Maniac's character. If that was what he said, I sincerely doubt that he was being sincere. It was probbably just his way of annoying Blair. It was funny though. I kinda feel sorry for Maniac, losing his friend, but that's life

It would definately have been sarcastic.

I think Maniac would have missed Blair. He probably thought of Blair as a friend (and possibly as the only person who could compete with him;) ), compared to all the other pilots who he thought of as his fans:D

Originally posted by Ghost
If he was so depressed after Vagabond death, he would be very sad in Blair´s funeral

Maniac was also blaming himself for Vagabonds death because he beat him in a card game and Vagabond "never" loses. Maniac thought that because Vagabond lost, Vagabond lost his will to live or at least thats what was on Maniac's mind at the time.

Originally posted by Torpedonut
Soma, why the HECK would Maniac mouth THAT to Blair.
It doesn't seem in Maniac's character.

It fits in with Maniac's character just fine, I think, given that he's an obnoxious smart ass

That or Tom Wilson was just improving, or trying to mess Mark up. I remember reading somewhere that Malcom McDowell used to do that to Mark when he was still doing Wing Commander games.

Is that bloopers DVD (or whatever it is) pretty much impossible to find? Or does it sometimes show up on ebay or something?

Originally posted by Col.Dom
I'm sure it was a dark day for Maniac when he heard the news.
I'm sure it was dark day for everyone (except Stiletto), given his "Hero of the Confederation" status (justified or not).

[I wonder why they never showed any of the 'traditional' cast memeber at the end of WCP. End of the old line and beginning (when Prophecy continues) of the new?]

Originally posted by Wedge009
[I wonder why they never showed any of the 'traditional' cast memeber at the end of WCP. End of the old line and beginning (when Prophecy continues) of the new?]

Good point. It would have been nice to see the oldies for one last time. They didn't get very good closure, IMHO....

Back