Man kills attacking leopard by ripping out its tongue

Because it was hungry.

I'd be willing to bet he could've done better with the machete though. That's pretty much what I'd want if I were bare handed and a leopard jumped on me.

It was a surprise attack, and the farmer was working, so the leopard was probably hungry.

Dropping the machete seems counter-intuitive, but he seems to acknowledge this, claiming he heard a voice ""A voice, which must have come from God". No arguments here.

It's a great leap of faith. Drop the weapon and attack the mauling leopard with your bare hands.

Happy Camper said:
Yep, I'd have to agree with you there. Are you sure a leopard would attack a human because it was hungry though?

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15703388-1702,00.html clears it up a bit.

"Wardens said the leopard attacked the man because it was injured elsewhere ... wild animals are usually very aggresive and attack unprovoked when injured," KWS spokesman Edward Indakwa said.

Incidents of human-wildlife conflict in the east African nation are common, mostly near game parks and national reserves.

I read that in the paper this morning too. In hindsight, it's a very effective (although risky) way to fight a big cat.
Using the machete would have left him with only being able to strike at it - which would have required to immobilize the animal with the first stroke, otherwise he would have faced a very quick animal with teeth and claws.
Grabbing its tongue neutralized its jaws and strong neck muscles, and also decreased its ability to move. It hurt his wrist, but otherwise put him in a very favorable position. Well, I guess none of his neighbors will try to mess with him after this..

Leopard poison, leopard gun, leopard knife, leopard club, leopard axe, leopard catapult and dressing up as a leopard to trick it into falling into a hole.

Okay.

*goes off to buy a leopard costume. Just in case, y...*

Edit: Will those things work against tigers too? Or will I need a special tiger axe/gun/suit/... ?

That is pretty impressive...any chance this guy used to be in the Italian Mafia? (pulling tongues out sounds like their style. :) ). Seriously, though he is fortunate and very luck to be alive. In regards to using the machete...I got to admit my instincts would be to keep the machete and try to keep hacking at it but he had more control then I would and whereas I'd be dead...he survived. :) If facing a leapord with just a melee weapon I'd rather have something with a point to it then just a machete, machete would require you to hack it death whereas something with a good point you should be able to drive it through a lung or heart or other critical area.

I think there's a lesson to be learned from this story. If you live near leopards or any other animals with large teeth, then buy a shotgun.

I bet that in 500 years someone will say:

This is how the Terran-Kilrathi War begun.
My great,great,great,great grandfather fought on it

:(

That'd be so gut wrenching trying to rip out its tongue. No one could possibly do it without the adrenaline rush.

Speaking of leopards, I saw the baby cheetahs today.

babycheetahs1.jpg

babycheetahs2.jpg

babycheetahs3.jpg

babycheetahs4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If they post a pic of the tounge(gruesome, I know) then I'll believe it. I think it's possible, but I don't think anyone could do it unless it was a miracle(probably was).

Back