Malcolm McDowell was on Politically Incorrect

Chip

Spaceman
I don't know if anyone was watching, but Mr. McDowell was on Politically Incorrect hosted by Bill Maher. I think it was Friday the episode aired, but I'm not sure.

I always respected Mr. McDowell as a great actor, but judging by his choices in guest appearences, I doubt I would like him very much in person.

Just because what he thinks doesn't agree with you doesn't make him a moron. :p

Still, I do mightily disagree with him/her/it.

For a sci-fi computer game, the plot of WC4 isn't that bad. Compare it with a proper movie though and it probably wouldn't stand up.

But WC4 isn't a proper movie so you can't make a direct comparison. Remember the WC4 plot has to allow the player to make choices and more importantly fly missions, upon which future plot development depends.

Exactly. The purpose of most movies is to tell a story. Most games have simpler stories in comparison. How much would WC4 have cost if it's storyline was as complex as the average movie? Keeping in the interactive parts, there would be much more video footage.

And one other thing, some people don't care about the story, they just want to play the game.

I haven't read the review, but it is quite possible that the reviewer is not a WC fan and only played WC4. On its own, the player might not appreciate the full history of Tolwyn and his relationship with other characters and entities, and hence might not like the WC4 story a whole lot.

It is only one opinion, after all.

Personally I feel the WC4 story is strong enough that you wouldn't need prior knowledge of WC to enjoy it. However having the backstory definitely helps. In my case I'd only played WC3 and everything I knew was what I'd gleaned from that game. For instance not playing WC1/2 didn't prevent me from sympathizing with Blair over whether or not he should date Rachel/Flint before and after he'd learnt Angel's fate. This coming at a time when I didn't know anything about WC.

Back