Making the Games: Kilrathi Multi-Role/Freighter (October 19, 2008)

Bandit LOAF

Long Live the Confederation!
This is the sixth set of Feng Zhu "concept" ships, commissioned for an unspecified Wing Commander title following the release of Secret Ops. These images' filenames classify them as freighters while their labels identify them as multiroles - supporting the earlier theory that multirole refers to Privateer-style spacecraft. Regardless, this is another set of clearly Kilrathi designs. It's also interesting to note that these ships are dated a month later than the unusual Confederation designs - August, 1998 rather than July (the same month this site went live!).

Thanks to Captain Johnny for both archiving and providing this material!

--
Original update published on October 19, 2008

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the middle design. It reminds me of a Banshee with an offset cockpit. Also very WC3 Strakha-ish.

Thanks to Johnny and Feng for these designs! They really are great to see.

the middle design was the inspiration for one of my fake 'concept' sketches a month or so ago

I reeeeeally like the cargo pod on the bottom.

These ships genuinely look frightening. Imagine one filling your forward windscreen. This is a great design.

I remember thinking at the time these were done that the Kilrathi ships were the one place where Feng really got it, where the stuff he was designing dovetailed beautifully in with the established look-and-feel of the WC universe...

Back