Making the Game - Part 1 (May 6, 2008)

I wonder if some of this proceeded to influence the 'Nomads' from Freelancer?

I also second that I think the Steltek are more compelling as a mystery than a force.

I agree, it would seem that the Steltek are more of a mystery than a force...I think it's awesome how the Steltek are referred to as something that isn't lost, and something that is more sought after as almost like a wonder of the universe

(...)Errata is like... gloss. Going through each page and pointing out references and why this and that choice was made and so forth. Like a DVD commentary for a book. In fact, if you have any particular issues/questions about S*S, post them here and we'll see that they're read and (hopefully) addressed.

It's only been now that I was able to read through S*S again (it's so good!), so I hope the offer is still there:

Apart some smaller detail questions (is Military Gouvernor Masterson (p.57 "DO NOT APPROACH NEPHILIM DERELICTS") supposed to be Masterson from Oxford?) I'd like to know two things:

- did they have to discuss their ideas on how to include WC stuff with EA or had they more or less free hand when deciding what to write?

- when they wrote things like how a Mantu ship was spotted and deemed responsible for the destruction of a Confed ship (p.57) or that the Steltek were in research of Steltek artifacts (p.25), did they have deeper stories in mind about the relations with the Mantu or how the Nephilim and Steltek connect or were they just some nice references?

Also, I once again want to say thanks for that great manual. Not only is the content awesome but also the style is perfect.

Back