making ships

Iceman16

Vice Admiral
Howdy all, I have a few ideas and sketches for some fighters and capships (not super fighters and super capships like most other ship makers) and i was wondering what program was used to make the new ships in UE and is it downloadable? thx to all who respond

Iceman16

you can read tutorials from http://killerwave.solsector.net/, next you can download programs from HCL page and Thomas page, there I found all necessary. I'm dedicate to missions code on wcppas but also I did investigations on that, model convertions is not easy I can sure it :D

I cant find WCPPasqual, where can I find it? I go to Thomas' page, click on Development Tools, then on WCPPasqual which takes me to a page of updates but no actual program. Where is it?

You can get WCPPascal at the place where you looked. Check that list of updates again - you will see that they contain links to downloads. In particular, you should download version 24, and then download the update 24c - do not download 24d.

ah ok, I found it. now I just gotta figure out how to use the damned thing, is there something like a sample ship that I can draw off of?

To test a ship you only need create a sim mission, put ship objects in WCPPascal as how the example or tutorials says. Quarto has reason, ONLY USE 24c version, and not 24d.

ok thx, I got how to do it all now. thx for your help. btw, i was wondering is this has been done before, but has someone made a remake of wc2 without any changes to it? If not, then I think I'll try doing that after I try making a few missions of my own. hey Eder, do you have all the ships from wc2 rendered into WCSO format? I got all the ships from UE but I was wondering if you had more that you werent releasing or had some on Standoff. thx for all your help

Iceman16

I think I have all the WC2 ships for the confed side, but I might be missing a Kilrathi ship or two (Dorkir, etc). I have a lot of models that won't be in Standoff, but they're all unfinished (most are just untextured, some are worse ;)).

Iceman, model the ship from my privateer stories as a WCP/SO ship. I'm no good at modelling myself, and can't get anyone else to do it for me. Pretty Please ?

Back