Making it harder....

MuffinMan

Spaceman
I want to make my secret ops harder ... so I installed the Socrazy patch but it's not working. I did everything said in the readme , but it seems this program doesn't work on 64-bit.

My os is win 7 64 bit.

Is there any way to make it run?

I'm going to say that you're probably one of the first/only people to encounter this issue. Some of those older SO patches aren't played a whole lot today, so you've probably found a new incompatibility.

Ok, somebody has to say this...the correct way to make Secret Ops harder is to install Standoff.

I have run into numerous issues with this in relation to Windows 64-bit, and I have not yet found a good solution.

Your best bet is going to be to install this on a non 64-bit operation system and then copy the directories into the secret ops directory on the 64-bit machine.

I can tell you right now that you can't run treman to extract tre's on the 64-bit version of windows. It will work in non-64-bit OS's as long as you have UAC (User Account Control) turned off in the newer OS's, and as I understand the crazy patches treman is a part of that.

On that note, WCPEdit DOES work just fine in 64-bit OS (Vista, and Win7). And you can use WCPEdit to swap all the ships around, and even do batch increases to things like speed or weapon damage to groups of ships (though I've not tried this feature before).

Since all the Crazy patch does is swap some ships around, why don't you try doing it manually with the WCPEdit program to get the same sort of result?

Back