Make Wing Commander ships Flyable in FS2004

matthew954

Spaceman
With all the models being made for everyones screenshots, everyone should just throw all their models into a big Wing Commander Pack for flight simulator and or x-plane. Like for instance my hornet. I wouldnt mind contributing to a compilation like that. Put on the readme contributed by all the modelers of Wing Commander CIC, and list all the modellers and their planes. Like I just saw the new Longbow, with its textures, and afterburner effects it would look good in a game. Even make some landable space carriers and such. Though it wouldnt look quite right seeing the Victory hovering over New York City, ~~~. But would be cool nonetheless. Anyone else have any ideas?

Yeah, it's a simple idea, but someone actually has to go and do the leg work to get it down. I don't know of anyone who both models these fighters and plays Flight Simulator, so there's been no incentive for most people to take the time compiling all these things. If you're a Flight Sim player, it's probably up to you to make the pack.

I do played Fs 2004, and my father was totally addicted to FS for about 6 years. We got about 30Gb of scenery right now to start with, and planes. Oh, its true its moddebla, its easey to put in a modell, and even make it flyable, cause in FS the modell doesn't effect anything, except for the look of the thing. Flight modell/bounding box/crashes/everything depends on other files, but those are very darn hard to write properly. One needs to know programming in windows to do it properly... So its not a simple task. Even greater task is to make the flgiht modell fell like flying, not just controlling a brick in the air. FS sux really bigtime, cause it can never actually make one feel like one is "flying a plane" Every airplane feels the same, just some handle in an odd way. Anyway, 99% of teh flying is handled by the autopilot these days, so the only thing you need to do is tell it what to. (but thats darn hard and boreing. especially any Airbus made craft, those can take off and land by themselves too.....)

X-Plane is another thing. The thing thats great about it, that ONLY THE MODELL matters, cause the program actually mathematically counts the airflow/lift/drag created by the modell. I once made some WC ships, the hellcat for example. It never flew. I made a dragon too, with an added nose wing to give it some stability, it could fly a bit, but was wihter too heavy for continous flight, or too fast and unstable. I bulit a TIE fighter and an X-Wing also. The handled allright on mars, the x wing was a bad modell....

I don't know if amodell can be converted into x-plane or FS. I really doubt that FS would be so simple as to use a converter program and do it by 2 clicks.
Anyway, in FS, there is no point to it, cause even a brick an be made to fly, and you can't shoot. In X-Plane, ya can't fly those bricks. A Raptor has a chance, but an Arrow won't stay in the air. If I had the latest -Plane, I would give it a try thouhg, it can be fun :D

Back