Major Maniac

No, Privateer 3 and online were at least real possibilities. The "Maniac Missions" was just a rumor, I think.

NapoleanAce said:
Anyone know whatever happened to the "Maniac Missions"?

The Maniac Missions was being considered around the time WC4 was being pushed out. However, the idea stayed an idea and never came to fruition.

Sadly, the most anticipated game of my life had been canned :(

Bandit LOAF said:
Maniac Missions was never a serious product, IIRC.

Are you sure that is ''Maniac Missions'' and not ''Maniac Mansion''?

*Rimshot*

GOOOOOO GHOOOOOOST!!!!

The sad thing is, whenever ghost cracks a joke and says "GOOOOOO GHOOOOOOST!!!!", I actually hear a small crowd of voices in my mind saying that, like something out of a saturday morning cartoon show. Considering that I never watched too many Cartoons about ghosts (except "The REAL Ghostbusters"), it probably is and I never knew it, and I probably now look like an idiot.

Don't worry OM. When Ghost first started posting here, he did that all the time. It's still as annoying now as it was back then. :(

Wedge009 said:
Don't worry OM. When Ghost first started posting here, he did that all the time. It's still as annoying now as it was back then. :(

Your words are like grains of salt in open wounds....wait, no.
I don´t care.
And BTW my ''GO Ghost'' things came some months after i joined here.

Actually, I hear it a little differently than its typed. Like "GoooOOOO GHOST!". Where the 'o' in "go" climbs in pitch and volume, then "GHOST" is abrupt and stucato.

Wow . . I just went into detail over something practically pointless. Score!

Bandit LOAF said:
The proposal for Maniac missions was, IIRC, that you'd play a new cadet under Maniac's command.

That would have been cool. Like maybe Maniac got a new test squadron after the war--his Wild Eagles squadron got blown up by the Mandarins in SO2 through no fault of Maniac's own. I liked how in SO2 Maniac was actually being respectable and relatively responsible with his squadron--we don't see it much, but Maniac DOES care about the pilots who fly under him.

He just doesn't care for the people he flies under . . . I don't care much for the people who fly under me. They usually suck, and I end up having to bail them out so that they don't die. But, even tho I'm never in more trouble than I can handle, if I ever got into that much trouble (which I won't, because I own), would they help me? No. "I'm coming to ::static::" dead. suckers always died.

Maniac's not a bad flier in WC3 & 4 -- in fact, according to the WC4 Strategy Guide, he is one of the two best pilots in the game. (Can't remember who the other one was) As far as devotion to his duty, Marshall never seemed to grow out of that rookie I-wanna-blow-up-everything-damn-you-stole-my-kill-forget-it-bud wanna-be legend phase that plagued him in WC1. I HATED flying with him in that game.

Then again, I hated the Scimitar with a passion, so that probably carried over to whatever wingman I was with at the time.

Back