mac guys are better off

cryptkeeper

Spaceman
I have an old mac g3 600mhz ati 128 rage. I also have a 3000+xp windows box with 6800gt. my results with dos box are very disapointing unstable speed. I just ran wing commander 3 on the old mac running mac os x with classic helper.
To my surprise it ran perfect. Way better than on my windows box. Ordering a mac mini never thought I would use it for games. Guess its going to be my new wing box.

What does "very disapointing unstable speed" mean? I've had neither disappointing, nor unstable, nor speed problems of any sort whatsoever with DOSBox. The Windows versions of WC3 and WC4 run in XP just as well as the Mac WC3 and WC4 run in OSX. Everyone should have a Mac or 3DO for Super Wing Commander, but a regular Windows XP machine is definitely the most convenient way to play the most Wing Commander games.

The modern Wing Commander fan should have a Mac for the Mac games, a 3DO for the 3DO games, a SNES for the SNES games, a SegaCD for the SegaCD games, an Amiga for the Amiga game, a CD32 for the CD32 game, a PC98 for the PC98 game, an FM Towns for the FM Towns games, a Playstarion for the Playstation games, a GBA for the GBA game and an IBM-PC for the IBM-PC games.

There should be little question in anyones mind as to whether or not any of these systems are great... after all, they all play Wing Commander.

Back